Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin not reporting correct signal strength

Gavin

Just trying out your plugin, have a Wavecom Modem. Send and receive is fine, just noticing the signal strength is not reporting properly. I've had it sit at 99/31 and its currently sitting at 0/31 but works nicely...

Also note for the device "SMS Message"..rather than an off/on device code, could it contain the last message in that field ?

Otherwise it works well, pretty impressed, intend to purchase..

Thanks..Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

RSSI is a tricky one as each device reports differently. Do you have the AT command reference for your Wavecom modem, or a model number so I can try and locate it and we can see about resolving that.

As for the SMS Message, right now it shows the last received message. So send yourself a message and it should update.

Would you like a device that shows the last sent message/date/number? If that's useful I can add it to the enhancement list.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Gavin, its a Wavecom Fastrack M1203A...The 1200 manual says RSSI is AT+CSQ

This is the manual I'm referring to: http://www.radel.gr/Files/Fastrack_M..._Guide-002.pdf

Not sure if its the right manual but its all I could find

SMS message doesn't change with the contents of the message, i thought it would but it just shows the "nasty globe" and "off" against it...

The other device you mention, not sure at this stage. I would look for something positive though from the modem to ensure the message was sent ie:message buffer count which I think you already do on the plugin config page ?

Cheers..Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I'm using AT+CSQ and a 99 usually means unknown or not detectable. I'll review the code to make sure I'm handling 99 correctly.

If you're getting 0 or 99 it suggests a very low signal strength (or rather a really high signal to noise ratio from which a signal strength can be approximated). Can you run a manual check by connecting a terminal server like Putty to the COM port of the modem (with the plugin disabled) and sent AT+CSQ and see what your modem responds with. I want to make sure the plugin is at least reporting a true reflection of what the modem is producing.

As for the message device:
        Just to confirm, have you sent an inbound message to the plugin?
        Does the fact that you received a message show up in the HS3 log, but not update the device?
        Are the date/sender devices being updated?
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Gavin

at+csq gives

+CSQ: 23,0

Restarted HS after looking at the modem and its now reporting properly....its showing 23/31

Ok, here is the weirdness, I have the modem event turning a led on and off on my arduino....Appears the "SMS Message" device is following the LED output.. Is there a device ID clash ? Is there a quick way to determine this ?

Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Gavin, not sure its a device ID clash... when I manually turn the led on and off from the device status page, the SMS Message device doesnt change.. it only changes when I receive an SMS....

OK, I worked it out :-)

When I send a message to the modem ie: "on"...your plugin detects its a device that has an on/off status, and a globe appears... If I send it xyz, the field shows xyz :-) and no globe :-)

Not sure if this a HS3 quirk...
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Yup. That's a default HS3 behavior that a few devs are bleating about. Out of my hands I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
              X