X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Looks like I might have found it. The TP-Link installer creates what looks like a virtual port (19) I think. There's an app that loaded from HKCU Run which I have deleted from the reg and it still works, but (so far) no error message.

So I think the app must have been fighting for the same port?!

I'll keep you posted

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll try manually changing the ports to something lower.

Cheers
    Scott
    Yep, all fine now - no port errors....

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    I'm not sure I follow? I'm also not sure how high HS3 enumerates com ports to. Can you assign the TP-Link to a lower com port number and see if you can select that in HS3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Looks like I might have found it. The TP-Link installer creates what looks like a virtual port (19) I think. There's an app that loaded from HKCU Run which I have deleted from the reg and it still works, but (so far) no error message.

So I think the app must have been fighting for the same port?!

I'll keep you posted

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll try manually changing the ports to something lower.

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    I'm not sure I follow? I'm also not sure how high HS3 enumerates com ports to. Can you assign the TP-Link to a lower com port number and see if you can select that in HS3?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    This looks like the plugin can't open the port specified in HS3. Is there another application using the same COM port?
    Nope, nothing else as far as I can see, but you'll notice that COM19 doesn't appear in the Devices list but it doesn't work on 20 or 21....

Scott
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    This looks like the plugin can't open the port specified in HS3. Is there another application using the same COM port?

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Gavin

Now getting this since changing my GSM Modem to a TP-Link MA-260
    Everything seems to work OK

Any ideas?
    Do you want logs?

Cheers
    Scott

Oct-31 16:08:57 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS()
    Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:57 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS() Oct-31 16:08:11 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting: System.IO.IOException: The specified port does not exist. at MessagingToolkit.Core.Mobile.MobileGatewayFactory.Find() at MessagingToolkit.Core.MessageGateway`2.Find(C config) at HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS()
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    You're a star, Thank You

Scott

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Try
    hs.PluginFunction("SMS-Gateway", "", "SendSMS", {"<phone no>", "<message>"})
    or
    hs.PluginFunction("SMS-Gateway", "", "SendSMSEx", {"<phone no>", "<message>",false,true})

The first will just send a regular SMS, the second function give you a bit more functionality (the second two boolean parameters are for extended character set and "Flash" message).

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Ah the hs.pluginfunction is probably the bit it didn't get when I was looking at the docs.

Cheers Gavin

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Scott, check the help file. There are two methods you can call and both are documented there. Look up hs.pluginfunction in the scripting help too.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Cheers Gavin. I'll install the update today & confirm it's all OK

Cheers
    Scott
    All fine now - no errors reported.

Thank you for doing that so quickly - I'll go buy it now!!

One final question

Whats the format of sending an SMS from a VB script?

Scott

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    As I thought. Most devices return Read/Write/Receive memory status but the Wavecom only sends Read/Write memory status information. I've handled the error more elegantly and it should no longer pollute your log files. The new version is in the updater 3.1.1.17367
    Cheers Gavin. I'll install the update today & confirm it's all OK

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    As I thought. Most devices return Read/Write/Receive memory status but the Wavecom only sends Read/Write memory status information. I've handled the error more elegantly and it should no longer pollute your log files. The new version is in the updater 3.1.1.17367

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Overnight logs ....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Scott, there's a new version in the updater, I'm not sure it will completely solve your problem, but it will help me narrow down where the issue lies as there is some more debug information. If you can repeat the exercise with trace logging enabled and send me the HSPI_SMS.LOG file from \Logs it would help.

Gavin
    Hi Gavin
    I have installed it & will send you the logs tomorrow

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

Working...
X