Can't send SMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't send SMS

First, thanks for the idea of this plugin. (I also bought this plugin to support you)
    No problem to receive SMS but cant't send.
    I'm using win XP (also tested with win 8.1 but same result)
    Modem is TP-Link MA260
    From log:
    okt-25 09:11:50 SMS-Gateway Error Plugin error sending SMS:
    How to log? If I change Loglevel and Logtofile it changes back next time I restart the plugin.
    [CONFIG]
    DEBUG=True
    LOGLEVEL=Info
    LOGTOFILE=False
    BAUD=9600
    KEEPALIVE=9600
    FLOW=RTS
    Last edited by lunkan; October 25, 2014, 03:47 AM.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. As a quick fix while I look into saving the settings, you can try stopping the plugin, setting LogToFile to true and LogLevel to Trace in the INI file and starting the plugin.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Thanks for fast response.
      Here is the logfiles
      It works to save the setting.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just a note, It works perfect to send sms with MS SMS Sender
        When I disable your plugin and switch to SMS sender I need to restart the usb modem (plug it in and out)

Comment

The error is SMSC unknown. Like it doesn't know the number of your outbound SMS Centre to deliver the SMS to. This is usually defined by the carrier automatically. Check the SMSC on the config page is correct.
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

There is no config page (the link exist on plugins > sms-gateway > sms-gateway config), I just get an error, in Swedish: error - Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt. translated: error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HS ver. is: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96

Comment

Ok. I think that's the problem. I'll get an update to you ASAP to test. There seems to be no SMSC defined on your device.

Comment

Thank you, I know what SMSC number I should use.

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
                  There is no config page (the link exist on plugins > sms-gateway > sms-gateway config), I just get an error, in Swedish: error - Objektreferensen har inte angetts till en instans av ett objekt. translated: error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HS ver. is: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96
                  I get this error a lot also. I just keep clicking on the menu until it starts working!

Scott

Comment

The config page tries to show some configuration details. If, for instance, the SMSC is blank it throws this error. I'll have a version that allows you to stipulate an SMC and better error handling in the updater in about 48 hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Cheers....

I am swapping from a Tesco to a Three SIM as its much cheaper and it looks like there is a problem with the Three SIM - I cant read it any phone. I found that if I hot swap the SIM it works, but if I shut down & swap the SIM I get the object reference error.

I'll let you know what happens on Monday night once I've seen Three & hopefully got a replacement SIM.

Cheers
                      Scott

Comment

Great will try when new version is out!
                        The TP-Link program found the SMSC in the SIMcard.
                        Will this log help? (I know you already has a solution)

[2014-October-25 Saturday, 20:19:26] [Send]: AT+CSCA?

[2014-October-25 Saturday, 20:19:26] [Receive]:

+CSCA: "+46705008999",145

OK

[2014-October-25 Saturday, 20:19:26] [Send]: AT+CSCS="UCS2"

OK

[2014-October-25 Saturday, 20:19:26] [Send]: AT+CPBR=1,50

+CME ERROR: not found

Comment

Hi lunkan,

that's strange, as when my plugin sends the same command your device returned nothing:

2014.10.25-11.39.13: Sending: AT+CSCA?
                          2014.10.25-11.39.13: Response: <cr><lf>+CSCA: "",<cr><lf><cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>

There is a new version in the updater that will allow you to enter your SMSC (+46705008999) on the config page. It should not show the "Object reference..." error any more, either.

Give it a try and let me know if it solves your problem.

Comment

Thank you beerygaz!!!
                            Working fine with latest version!
                            Just one note prefix + should not be added to SMSC when typing it in to the box, it will be added by itself. (next time you open config page it's there)

Best Regards
                            Lunkan

Comment

Glad to hear we could get the issue resolved. Thanks for your patience. Given the diversity of carriers and modem types there will always be an anomaly here and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk hD

Comment

Working...
                              X