X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmorton27
    replied
    I have started to use NoMoreRobo to defeat robot/nuisance calls. It uses call simultaneous call forwarding so an incoming call rings the house and nomorerobo at the same time. If the number is in their database the call gets dropped after 1 ring at the house. However, UltraCID has already seen the call and regurgitates the last valid caller name. If Ultracid would do a date time compare and just be mute if the entry was stale that would work. Also, I found this in an old post "I just added an UltraCID running HomeSeer trigger. It supports "Any" or Ring 1-5." and that might work but I don't see a way to add it, perhaps it's a keyword to be added to the config file?

Leave a comment:

• ANTOLIVEIRA
    replied
    Modems with support for CID in Europe

Hello!

In HS2 I had the Meteor (which is not a modem) but it worked fine. In HS3 not being able to use the meteor anymore what is the suggestion? Any advice for make and model modem that supports CID in Europe?

Right now I'm using windows 10 and HS3 Pro

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Shoot. Figured it out. I have to get a phone splitter as only one of the lines going from my Arris works. Looks like it is working great.

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Ok, I got the Zoom modem that you mentioned above. However, in putty I am only getting ring, ring. No caller Id information when I call from my phone. Any suggestions? I tried AT+VCID=1 and AT+VCID=2...

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Sorry for my ignorance, but do you know if that modem would be compatible with my current phone service? Would it replace my current telephony modem? Would there be any reatrictions or repercussions from comcast? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    The last modem I tested was the Zoom 3095-00-00G. It is plug and play on Windows 7 (no 3rd party drivers required), worked great and is available from Amazon and Best Buy (Model: 3095 SKU: 4720305).

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Thanks. What would be your recommendation. Right now I get my phone access from comcast as part of their "triple play". Is there anyway to "add on" to what I already have?

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    The Arris telephony modem just provides dial tone and an Internet connection. You have to use a separate modem connected to your HomeSeer system that supports caller Id.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• jayman13
    replied
    Arris Telephony Modem

Any one know if this works with the basic Arris telephony modem from comcast. I can connect it to the computer just don't know how to get started because it connects as a network adapter...

Leave a comment:

• gfs
    replied
    does this not work with net caller id?

i set up but cant get it connected. Failed to initialize and no response... does it not respond to this type of modem?

Leave a comment:

• nsisman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    I just confirmed the Zoom 3095-00-00G 56Kbps USB Mini External Modem (sold at Best Buy and Microcenter) works with UltraCID HSPI.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Can anyone confirm that this Zoom modem sends "NMBR" in Hyperterminal rather than "DDN" that the Trendnet sends ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DavidG
    Guest replied
    FYI this page also still lists the Rosewill modem.

Originally posted by DavidG View Post
    Ultra - FYI -

The quickstart guide for UltraCID is coming up 404 bad link. See below.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...t_ultracid.htm

I got to this by going to theUltraCID page in the HS store then clicking on the link at teh bottum of the description.

Leave a comment:

• DavidG
    Guest replied
    Quickstart missine

Ultra - FYI -

The quickstart guide for UltraCID is coming up 404 bad link. See below.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...t_ultracid.htm

I got to this by going to theUltraCID page in the HS store then clicking on the link at teh bottum of the description.

Leave a comment:

• nsisman
    replied
    Ultra,

Works like a charm !

Thanks very much for the fast fix.

I will purchase this plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    It looks like the Trendnet TFM-760U modem uses DDN= vs. NMBR= in the caller ID data it provides. I add a fix for this case. Please try the new version I just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater to see if it fixes the issue you reported.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

Working...
X