Speaking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking number

I was just wondering if there was a way to speak the number when a callers name is not available, I tried the $nmbr string in the Announce Phrase with no luck.

Adding that feature now. Look for an update within a few hours.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraCID version 1.1.3386.37244 was just uploaded which adds support for $nmbr when announcing a caller.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I guess this is actually more complicated that I originally thought, speaking the number speaks as a single number instead of separate digits e.g. one million five hundred thousand etc, wondering if there is an easy way around this, Also came across a minor bug in the caller log, when there is more than one page the "jump to page" box at the top works fine but the one at the bottom of the page always takes you to page 1

Comment

UJ-
          What he needs is some code where it trims leading ones like for VOIP CID numbers and to add dashes to the number.

So CID Number 1-503-555-1212, 5035551212 or 15035551212 would present 503-555-1212 to your variable. I found various telco systems present the CID differently.

I had a script that I can't find that took all the dashes (if any) out, trimmed all but the last seven digits, then add the dashes back in.

Easy code for a VBGenius like yourself

~Bill

Comment

Sorry, I have not been able to reply. I understand what you need and will post update soon. I'll see if I can use the number format from the options web page so it speaks the caller number correctly.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Where do I find information on ultra CID? I would like to see what features it has, always looking for new stuff for my HSP. I am using Blades and it is to tell you that you have a call waiting and it works only about 1/3 the time. I really like this feature when it works.

Danielbo
              danielbo

Comment

I just posted UltraCID HSPI version 1.1.3409.31983 that fixes the speak number issue reported.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                  Where do I find information on ultra CID? I would like to see what features it has, always looking for new stuff for my HSP. I am using Blades and it is to tell you that you have a call waiting and it works only about 1/3 the time. I really like this feature when it works.

Danielbo
                  UltraCID HSPI is designed to read caller ID from various modems. It does not interface with the HomeSeer phone as I didn't think HomeSeer Tech would allow it. In summary, the UltraCID plug-in reads caller ID (name and number), then inserts the data into an underlying database. A caller log web page allows you to view previous callers and the caller details web page allows you to edit caller name, caller attributes (like announce, block, telemarketer, etc). The plug-in also supports dropping callers by either name or number using regular expressions. I *love* this feature.

The helpfile is available here:
                  http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...sers_Guide.pdf

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Works Great!
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X