Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Triggers Confusion

Ultra,

I need a clarification on the new event triggers. What exactly is "First Time Callers" checking for? Is it defined as "any CID that is not matched in the database" or is it "any CID that does not have a caller attribute defined (First Time, Blocked, Business, Family, Friends). What I'm getting at is a potential gap in the event triggers.
    example....
    I want to trigger an event on any incoming call
    I have events configured for the following:

First Time Callers
    Family
    Blocked

An undefined(?) would trigger the First Time Callers event
    A Family caller attribute would trigger the Family event

A second time caller (in the database) that does not have an attribute set would not trigger any events

How are CIDs that are in the database but do not have a caller attribute selected accounted for in the event triggers?

An "UltraCID Incoming Call", "First Time Caller" trigger would only trigger on the very first call. After this event triggers, it would never trigger again for that caller.

Callers that you update with an attribute can then be used to trigger an event. For example, if you updater a caller as a family member, you should be able to create an event using the "UltraCID Incoming Call" trigger, then select "Family Caller" as the caller.

A second time caller without any attributes set would not trigger an event, unless the event used "Any Caller" as the caller.

Did I answer your questions?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      An "UltraCID Incoming Call", "First Time Caller" trigger would only trigger on the very first call. After this event triggers, it would never trigger again for that caller.

Callers that you update with an attribute can then be used to trigger an event. For example, if you updater a caller as a family member, you should be able to create an event using the "UltraCID Incoming Call" trigger, then select "Family Caller" as the caller.

A second time caller without any attributes set would not trigger an event, unless the event used "Any Caller" as the caller.

Did I answer your questions?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      So, If I had events configured for Family Caller, First Time Caller AND Any Caller... A call to a "Family Caller" would trigger both the Family Caller and the Any Caller events.

Comment

Yes, it should.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Looking for Help

I am having a time getting my program to work with the sample script. Do I need to set up a event to make this run or should it run by it self? If I need to set up a event what do I use. And somewhere I put a phone number to notify me of a message, I must have put my office phone number in, I dont know if it is this program or not. I cant find out where I did this, but I want to change that to my cell phone.
          I love all the feature I read in the sample script and would love to us them all.
          Any ideas or help?
          Thanks,
          Danielbo
          danielbo

Comment

Feature Request

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            Yes, it should.
            I would like to see an event trigger for undefined "caller attributes" so that any CID that has not be defined with a "caller attribute" will trigger an event. This will allow for complete call control via event triggers (on the call attribute field) without missing a null value or triggering a duplication.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X