Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with my modem

Hello,

I have a USB modem that I'm attempting to use. The modem is set to com10 and when HS starts it logs the following error. Any thoughts?

Code:
    Initializing interface: UltraCID->Could not open COM10 - System.IO.IOException: The parameter is incorrect. at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.set_RtsEnable(Boolean value) at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_ULTRACID.HS_DEVICES.InitHW(Int64 port)
    Thanks
    Ben

What operating system are you using?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Windows XP

Comment

Can you connect to your modem using Hyper-terminal?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I am having what appears to be the same issue.
          I have a Creative USB "blaster" modem. It is set to COM4
          I can use Hyperterm on COM4 and interact with the modem.
          My OS is XP professional.

Any suggestions?

(Thanks in advance)

Comment

Are you running HomeSeer with administrative rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Are you running HomeSeer with administrative rights?
              Yes.

While hyperterm can see the modem, both as the specific modem and just by selecting com4, another program that I tried also can't see/use com 4. (teleblocker)

I have purchased a Hiro modem and will try that this evening. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Okay, I'm back to needing help
                I now have a Hiro H50113 modem, and I'm getting pretty much the same error.
                It's on com 4 too. The OS is XP professional. I am logged in as admin.

From the log-
                Initializing interface: UltraCID->Could not open 0 - System.ArgumentException: The given port name does not start with COM/com or does not resolve to a valid serial port.Parameter name: portName at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace) at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open() at HSPI_ULTRACID.HS_DEVICES.InitHW(Int64 port)

Comment

Please open up HSPI_ULTRACID.ini in the HomeSeer config directory and tell me what value you have for Serial1.

Example:

[Interface]
                  Serial1=COM4

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

I think I have this resolved now. I had connected the modem and let windows install the drivers from Microsoft's site. The modem functioned through hyperterm, but not from the plugin. I later went back and installed the drivers that came on the disk with the modem and that got rid of the log error and the status page now says everything is okay. I have since verified that it is logging calls. (I had tried loading the drivers from the creative disk when I was trying to get the creative modem to work. That didn't help, so I didn't think it would help to load the drivers from the Hiro disk for the Hiro modem. Oh well...)

The ini file now has "Serial1=COM4" I don't know if this is what it had before I changed the drivers or not.

Comment

Working...
                    X