Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraCID3 Event Triggers not working

Hi,

Somewhere after 11th November the event triggers from UltraCID3 seem to have stopped working.

I had an event that sent an email when an incoming call was received but it no longer fires, though UltraCID3 does log each ring of the phone and the number the call is coming from.

Cheers,

Jon.

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
    Hi,

Somewhere after 11th November the event triggers from UltraCID3 seem to have stopped working.

I had an event that sent an email when an incoming call was received but it no longer fires, though UltraCID3 does log each ring of the phone and the number the call is coming from.

Cheers,

Jon.
    The last several builds of HS3 should resolve this issue. I'll post an update to the plug-in that fixes it for the older HS3 builds. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi there,
      was this ever fixed, especially with the latest version of HS3? I've just installed the plugin and have configured everything so that the log shows each ring and caller ID, yet the event triggers never fire - first ring, any ring, announce incoming call, all seem to be ignored.

Comment

Well, totally confused with what the problem is here.
        I managed to get an event to fire twice with a new event, announce caller, but it didn't announce it.
        I turned the plugin off/ back on and restarted homeseer. Now, I don't even get caller ID.
        Also I also notice that the caller log shows nothing, even when I had my cell number added and a name assigned to it and have called 30+ times while testing.

Is there something in the initialisation to be tweaked? Using the caller ID AT commands shows the caller ID ok.

/edit
        Just changed the initialisation to just
        AT+VCID=1
        AT+FCLASS=8

and that has got it working again.

Still can't get it to announce though - for some reason, I don't see a "speak" entry:

Mar-02 18:14:22 Informational Ring of existing call detected ...
        Mar-02 18:14:19 Informational New incoming call detected ...
        Mar-02 18:14:18 Event Event Trigger "Alerting Test call"
        Mar-02 18:14:18 Informational Incoming call from Test xxxxxxxxxxx

Is there any way to get the number/name directly into a speak event using a variable or whatever? $name $nmbr don't resolve.

Also, the current devices really can't be used for any event logic, as values have to be a number range, are they only used for information on the device page?
        Last edited by Furious; March 2, 2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Please confirm your caller Id format by connecting to your modem using PuTTY and viewing the caller Id output. Please see the help file section "Initial Setup Checklist " for instructions, then copy and paste the caller Id format so I can confirm it will work with the plug-in.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi,
            this is what I get from receiving a call:
            l
            MESG = 110101
            DATE = 0302
            TIME = 1838
            NMBR = 077707xxxxx
            R

Number was my UK cell number.

Comment

Looks like I can answer my own question about the speak stuff - the pdf in the html directory has the HS3 specific stuff, which I discovered just as ultrajones replied

Comment

Ok, so further troubleshooting:
                I don't think it's the plugin mishandling the call, rather the modem isn't persisting the caller ID after the first call.
                Using putty, i send an init:
                ATZ
                AT+VCID=1

First call, I get the caller ID stuff

Second call, all I get is "RING"

Sending another AT+VCID=1 at the port doesn't work.

If I ATZ, then AT+VCID=1, caller ID works first time.

Is there something in the plugin to just send ATZ,AT+VCID=1 after each call?

Comment

Ok, thinking that the drop caller string is fired each time a call is ended/rings off, I set it to the following:
                  AT+VLS=5
                  ATH
                  AT+VCID=0
                  AT+VCID=1
                  AT+FCLASS=8

Caller ID now works all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                    Ok, so further troubleshooting:
                    I don't think it's the plugin mishandling the call, rather the modem isn't persisting the caller ID after the first call.
                    Using putty, i send an init:
                    ATZ
                    AT+VCID=1

First call, I get the caller ID stuff

Second call, all I get is "RING"

Sending another AT+VCID=1 at the port doesn't work.

If I ATZ, then AT+VCID=1, caller ID works first time.

Is there something in the plugin to just send ATZ,AT+VCID=1 after each call?
                    No, the plug-in doesn't send any further commands to the modem unless the drop caller was activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                      Ok, thinking that the drop caller string is fired each time a call is ended/rings off, I set it to the following:
                      AT+VLS=5
                      ATH
                      AT+VCID=0
                      AT+VCID=1
                      AT+FCLASS=8

Caller ID now works all the time
                      That is a very odd modem initialize string. I am not sure why you need to hang up (ATH), then disable caller ID (AT+VCID=0) and enable it again (AT+VCID=1). The default one provided doesn't work?

Comment

It is very strange - the modem needs some idle time after a call before caller ID works again, only way to guarantee it is to have the disable/re-enable.
                        I'm thinking it may be the phone plugged into the line - you heard of anything like that?

Comment

Working...
                        X