UltraSMTP3 HSPI - Cool New Feature!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraSMTP3 HSPI - Cool New Feature!

Have you spent hours trying to create meaningful e-mail notification only to become frustrated trying to find the appropriate replacement variable to use?

I added a neat feature to UltraSMTP3 HSPI that allows you to quickly create e-mail notifications by simply select a HomeSeer device, then the device property (e.g. name, location, string, value, etc.), then inserting the appropriate replacement variable into the message of the e-mail. You can also pick from any of the non-device related replacement variables and insert those into the e-mail notification. This feature allows you to quickly create e-mail notifications that are meaningful and useful. Enjoy

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Ultra,
    Just downloaded and purchased your PI and have difficulties getting it to work. HS3 log indicates failed authorization. In checking the ultrasmtp parameters, the password field shows vacant. As I re-input the password field, then monitor the HS logs and go back to the Ultra SMTP PI, the password field is again vacant. I cannot seem to get the password field to remain filled. All other fields are good. Any thoughts?

Comment

Hello Richard, the issue you reported may be due to older root certificates installed on your computer. What type of computer are you running HomeSeer on? Is it a HomeSeer HomeTroller?

By the way, my choice to not display the password for security purposes has caused a lot of confusion. Just because it's not being displayed doesn't mean it's not being saved.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hello Ultra, thanks for the quick response. I'm running Win7 Pro dual-core desktop dedicated to HS3. I have removed/re-installed SMTP3, restarted HS3 several times with same result. The email alert works under the HS3 generic; I really like your PI and the flexibility compared to HS3 alerts. I'll keep investigating. Not sure how to check root certificates for compatibility issues? Thanks again.

Comment

What service are you trying to use UltraSMTP3 with?

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
          X