What about DSL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about DSL?

I have DSL. If I understand the installation correctly, the incoming phone line is routed through the phone switch and then to the other jacks in the house - including the jack for the DSL modem.

Will this interfere with DSL? Will DSL on the line interfere with HSP operation?

Thanks
    MMN
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Fuddy

What I've done (with the phone switch) is split the incoming line from the Telco. One split goes to the DSL Modem, the other goes into the DSL filter then to phone switch (Or the rest of the house).

This way I only need to use one DSL line filter.

-Craig

Comment

My DSL modem is downstream from most of my phones (it was a self-install kit) and each phone / device has it's own DSL filter. Will the DSL signal go thru Hi-Phone? I'd like to know before Sep 4th so I can consider your special offer.

Can't delete the message, but nevermind; If I had to put a DSL filter prior to Hi-Phone, I guess my DSL modem wouldn't work. If I put Hi-Phone downstream by my PC, it wouldn't interface with any phones that were upstream, would it?

[This message was edited by Ameridan on Thursday, 29 August 2002 at 02:49 PM.]

Comment

I don't know if the HSP switch would interfere with DSL, my guess is it would. But, if you simply split the line before the switch as Craig stated, and run one line to your DSL modem and the other to the switch, then connect your phone jacks in, it will work fine. I work for a rural telco, where we have had to do that for other reasons.

Comment

Working...
        X