Neat Trick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neat Trick.

Have the hi-phone ring the phone once, pick up the phone and play a recorded CallerID Burst through the hi-phone. And there you go, it showes up on your caller ID. Or you can just play a CallWaitingID burst.

I'm just trying to figure out how to have the hi-phone play a wave to the handset while it is on-hook.

then all we need to do is write the code to generate the FSK burst and we can have HS/HSP able to send messages to CID/CWID capable handsets.

This sounds like a neat idea. I don't have Way2Call yet (delivery...) but the thing I'd like to have is a way to resend the CID to the OTHER phones in the house. Maybe CID does route to all phones with W2C but it doesn't with my current device, and I'd really like to get CID visibility on all my phones.

Do you think this would be possible BrainStormer?

regards, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

GenevaDude

Comment

set up the advanced options for the Hi-phone so that the it mute the rings untill CallerID is available.

Pick up the phone to access HSP after it greets you say "goodbye"

This leaves the hi-phone is Phone-PC mode.

Now you can set NetMeeting or MSMessenger to use the Hi-phone Destop USB audio device for playback/record.

Now use your phone to talk over the internet.
      If you have other apps that don't allow setting Record/playback devices you can set the hi-phone as the default audio device and then they'll work too....

Comment

right now my hiphone is disconnected. every inbound call rings for the caller but never rings in the house. it worked fine until hsp 2.0.44. Rich will fix it i'm sure.

SteveP

Comment

Working...
        X