Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Phone start thinking for me

few question (sorry for the long post):
    1. I exit HS Phone, now I can't see a place I can start/run it. I looked at the Start and in HS menus. - WHERE IS IT?
    1.1 I when directory to the programs_files where HS is and found it there:
    updates\HomeSeer Phone 2.02.0.0.80
    2. when I'm starting HS Phone, a timer showing
    waiting for HomeSeer ; its times-out but nothing starts. - WHY? (this is true if HS running or not)
    2.2 If I am starting HS, it start with the HS Phone, no problems (Just don't click the File/Exit)
    3. With way2call USB connected and tested, I pick the phone and press #. After the 'hello' message HS Phone starts ""thinking for me""; 'Crystal' (The AT&T purchased voice) asking me things like 'do you want to call 12345678974' I say 'no' and she still dialing. Sometimes she turn on light for me.. and do what ever she want to (most of the time I am not even talking to her, she just talking to her-self) - I NEED SOME HELP HERE.

Just to let you know, my HS 1.6 works well with voice commands to the mic.

shprung,
    I don't know if I can answer all your questions, but here are some ideas and comments:

1. Don't worry about HSP not appearing in your start menu. HomeSeer will start it for you. If you wish, you can create a shortcut on your desktop for use when you need it. But today, HomeSeer will automatically launch HSP. You do not need to worry about it.

2. I found the same problem as you. If I close HSP then try to restart it, it does not recognize that HomeSeer is running. Something is not working. But do not try to lannch HSP before HomeSeer. Launch HomeSeer first. Untill the first part gets fixed, you will need to restart HS to get HSP to start.

3. Noise is what I would suspect first so check your phone line. (You can try to dial one number, and listen carefully for sounds. It should be perfectly quiet.) Try disconnecting Way2Call from the telephone line. Then try disconnecting the inside lines from Way2Call. One of these may cause an improvement in the problems you describe. Check your configuration. There are some volume or sensitivity settings, and even a volume boost button.

Good luck.

regards,

GenevaDude

Comment

Regarding the HSP talking to itself, I have the exact same problem. It seems to start by having HSTV thinking it heard something (I think it hears the hello message when I connect). So, HSTV talks back asking if it wants me to change channels, then HSP hears that and thinks it asked if I want to call someone. I feel like I am evesdropping on someones conversation!

Anyway... do you have HSTV installed?

I haven't resolved it, but since I don't use the VR with HSTV, I need to disable it and see if it solves my problem.

Jay Fro

Current Setup:
      Homeseer
      v.1.6.59 (updated 3/09/03)
      Homeseer Phone
      v.2.0.80 (updated 3/15/03)
      Win2K Server
      PIII 450mhz, 1GB Ram (unfortunately my Mother Board only recognizes 256mb of it)
      MR26A
      Hauppauge USB
      Hauppauge Capture Plugin
      Way2Call USB
      Interface v. 1.08.25 (Updated 3/12/03)
      Wave v. 1.08.25 (updated 3/12/03)
      Driver v. 2.00.36
      Firmware v. 4.51.03

Comment

Thanks you both for post a reply.
        no, I don't have HSTV installed.
        I can't find anywhere the place where I can reduce the sensitivity of my new USB way2phone.
        I even tried DTMF (like '55' for running the weather forcast script) but it doing other things insteed.
        It look like my voice recognition (or un-detected-by-me noice on the line) messedup HSP ability to function.
        Even when HSP playing messages; it cut it in the middle and ask me something like 'Press 7 to delete...'
        NEED MORE HELP

Comment

What I was thinking of was by clicking the Advanced button on the first tab of the setup. But when I got home I found that it didn't work.

For that matter, the volume adjust doesn't work either, but the speaking rate works.
          Either my HSP is broken too or some things are not enabled.

shprung,

Did you listen to your phone? Does it seem to have any noise? Even if we can't figure some of the other stuff out, it might help to know.

regards, D:

GenevaDude

Comment

HSP is really an add-on to HomeSeer. It will not run by itself. The only proper way to run it is to have HomeSeer start it. In HomeSeer, you must check the "Launch HomeSeer Phone" check box in the General tab of the options. Since HSP uses many services of HomeSeer, there is no way it can run by itself.

There are no volume controls for the Hi-Phone. The sliders in the Advanced options are disabled since they are for the PCI modem. There are some sliders in the Hi-Phone mixer in your volume controls, but they don't appear to do anything. I am asking Way2Call if there are any volume adjustments. Use the boost feature on the General tab to boost the volume level of recordings.

As for the false VR, make sure you have Full Duplex unchecked in the Advanced options. This feaure does not seem to work well for many due to echo problems.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The Full Duplex was the problem.
              Rick, you did it again! the last two line of your post bring my way2phone to life.
              GenevaDude, I can't here any noice on my phone line.
              Things are much better now. I'll say about 80% of the time, HSP wait for my 'Yes' or 'No' after I asks it to do something, the other 20% it just rush to make a prediction for me and move forward with (exactly to oposite then) what I want it to do
              But for simple commands like 'what is the time' it working well.
              I just hope I can tune it some more so it will actually will be able to call someone when I am asking it to.

Comment

Some handsets echo the sound to the mic. You can also try reducing the volume of the TTS. This can help keep it isolated from the mic.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X