Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No VR

Hi,
    I installed my way2call and update to the latest version of hsp (.88) but cannot seem to get the VR to work at all. Not even poorly.

I had it working once on the PC alone- but unplugged the microphone. I will plug that back in because I know how to debug that and make sure VR is working. Assuming that is still correct---

Other than that- can someone lend me any debug route I should follow? I have the thing installed- set to answer internal calls. I can get it to respond to a # and to perform DTMF funtions perfectly fine. My message playback device is system default, AT&T voice mike 16 bit, homeseer voice commands are enabled, i boosted the volume of message by 7, and I set all three options in the VR box under general.

I speak- and it does nothing. I hit the keys and it does what I expect.

win2000server pro- 386 megs- p3 600

under homeseer- i set it to always listen. Again- I will verify tommorrow it works with just the soundcard.

under sound control panels- perferred playback is sound blaster- perfered sound recording device is sound blaster- perferred midi is microsoft something--- I chose the option use perferred only. (i suspect this could be a part of the problem)
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Same here. At first I was getting an error loading my VR xml file. I found that there was a bad entry in my media player play list. Now that that is corrected, I get a prompt from HS, but it never recognizes any thing I say... not a word. Also, the dtmf works fine, the regular microphone VR works fine, and phone messages are recording fine.

Any suggestions?
    --John

Comment

Check the hsphone.log and modem.log files. Are there any errors logged in these files?

Also, try creating a new config file that is empty. Does the VR work ok? If you are using the media player plugin, make sure you have the latest version of HS installed, as there have been changes to handle odd album and artist names.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok- Stupid question but what is the name of the config file and relative path- just so I don't blow away the wrong thing.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

No problems in either of those logs btw..

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

On bootup now- I see that I am getting one of these...

Error in voice enable- Method ~ of object ~ failed.

AT&T voices related?

I renamed my (devtypes) config file and it seems to work!

Although I still get this error?!

THanks....

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

You might get that error once. Are you seeing it more than once during a single call?

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
              X