ALERT HSP 2.0.97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALERT HSP 2.0.97

I can not answer any phone when I receive an incomming call, it just goes to hsp and will not let me talk to the callor who is calling.

any suggestions. I will be rolling back tomorrow as there is n way I can leave this as is. I just upgraded tonight April 17th.

Phone rings.
    cid is announced.
    I pick up the phone
    all I hear is click then a couple seconds later I get "Yes sire."

Hi,
    make sure the "answer internal calls when handset goes off hook" is unchecked. This is in view/options/modem/advanced...
    Stuart

Comment

Thanks, I did this and now when I pick up the phone I hear a very loud beep then the dial-tone. This beep is loud enough to give your ear a nice little ring. Not nice.

I would like to be able to pick up the phone to control hs and it has worked so far for the most part good.

I presume it is just broke in this beta. I'll leave it unchecked for now and tell my wife about the loud beep. or I am afraind the hi-phone days are over as well as my days of walking on this earth. I sure hope w2c will get this fix out soon or this good product may be going to the ha heven. I wonder if we send our Wives over to w2c would we see the fix faster *smile*.

Comment

Just another data point: I get good functionality with HiPhone USB and the HSP betas - see config in my profile.
        I have always heard a brief loud high-pitched squeal when I pick up after HSP has answered the call (the caller does not hear it). My assumption is that is just a characteristic of the HiPhone devices, or firmware, at this point. A tolerable annoyance. Does everybody get this?

(Configuration in profile)

Comment

Hi Jim,
          also try in hsphone modem/advanced options unchecking "mute rings until caller id is available"
          see if that eliminates the noise.
          Stuart

Comment

Hi Jim,
            one more thing, make sure you are not in running in full duplex. Some phones work and some dont. Its best in half duplex.
            Stuart

Comment

Thanks.
              I guess my point is all was working better before this upgrade.
              1. unchecking mute rings until cid is detected did not change the beep
              I also have the silent detection checked
              If I do not use answer when phone goes off hook unchecked I can receiving calls, but I don't want to hit the *" key when I want to talk to the pc.

Comment

Working...
              X