Recorded incoming messages have hiccups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recorded incoming messages have hiccups

I discover that incoming messages recorded by my HiPhone USB (from the first batch distributed thru HomeSeer) have numerous hiccups. At random intervals, sometimes more than once a second, the audio has a snip out of it, just as if a tape had been spliced, removing a fraction-of-a-second of sound. Sometimes the message is completely unintelligible. The problem is during recording (the wav file sounds the same when played on other machines). I can record just fine with the Windows sound recorder, and CyberGenie messages are clean. HSP messages from some months back (same HiPhone device and drivers) do not have this problem, but now I am not able to get rid of it, despite going back to the metal: re-installing XP and HS/HSP from scratch, using different hard drive, using old versions of HS/HSP, running no plug-ins,... Anybody have any suggestions for something else to try? TIA.

(Configuration in profile)

I have also noticed this all though I only miss a tiny bit. a message will play and it sounds like some of the words are clipped.. This has been happening since the mp3 support came back in to the program.. Or maybe I should say a few versions back. I just did not get enough message to say "its hsp and the hi-phone.'

Jim
    Voice, Text chat and brows the web
    http://www.talkingcommunities.com/iv...eer&secure=Jim

Comment

I also just started noticing this. I don't remember it happening before. For me it usually only happens once or twice in a message, or at least that is all that is obvious.

Between this and the periodic lockups, I am about to give up on my Hi-phone.

Bill

Comment

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? It just happened again today on a couple of messages.

Bill

Comment

This sounds like the old "Talk off" problem.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...296#6202991296

In a later batch Way2Call made a change in the firmware to remedy this problem by lowering the gain for the tone detection. I have a USB HIphone from the last batch and it does not have any talk off problem, but as a tradeoff the caller id does not work properly due to the reduced tone detection gain.

Lars

Comment

My recorded incoming messages using HiPhone USB no longer have hiccups, using HS 1.6.119 and HSP 2.0.127. (Based on only one test -- but the problem was pretty consistent before.) I didn't see anything in release notes that led me to think something had been fixed, but I won't argue with success.

(Configuration in profile)

Comment

Garbled MP3 Voice Mail

I just started using the Way2Call and HSP 2.0 to answer calls. I checked MP3s. My last (and first) message was very garbled. Would a WAV file work better?

Nevermind. The message sounds bad when played be MusicMatch, But great when played back with MS MediaPlayer.
              Last edited by ViperJD; May 12, 2005, 09:49 PM. Reason: Found Solution.

Comment

Working...
              X