Hi-Phone won't hangup the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Phone won't hangup the line

Ok just got my Hi-phone plugged in today. I'm noticing a major problem.

The minute I plug in my phone line to the LINE jack it takes the line off-hook and keeps it off-hook.

Right now I have no other phones connected to the main line just the hi-phone's LINE jack and a phone connected to the PHONE jack. When I do the tests I start to get the annoying "you mush hang-up your phone" sounds because the hi-phone is never hanging up the line. It does this even when I unplug power from it. With nothing but the phone line plugged in it still doesn't hang up.

Any advice? Is my Hi-Phone broken? I'm hoping someone has seen this before and has a simple fix.

Thanks
    Tim

Try using updater to go back to 115. I have submitted ticket, they can't duplicate it.

Bill

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM PC2700
    Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
    ATTNV Crystal 16
    Ocelot w/ 8 I/O
    mcs Temperature (Works great!)
    ROC Outlook (Works great!)
    Video / Captures with ConquerCam

~Bill

Comment

If you don't have it running already, have HSP show the modem log window.

http://wrb.tzo.com
      Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
      512 MB RAM PC2700
      Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
      ATTNV Crystal 16
      Ocelot w/ 8 I/O
      mcs Temperature (Works great!)
      ROC Outlook (Works great!)
      Video / Captures with ConquerCam
      NetCallerID

~Bill

Comment

I have the same problem even when the Hi-Phone is disconnected from the PC. It never hangs up the line.

Comment

I'm having that problem as well. Thought that it was running good under 2.0.130 with the new driver, but spoke too soon.

My problem seems to occur AFTER I either set HSP options and click OK, or after I add an entry to the Phone Book.

I made an internal call to HomeSeer, and it never came on the line after the phone went off-hook and I pressed the #. I noticed that the Way2Call off-hook light was turning on and off when the phone went off and on-hook, but it wasn't also making the usual clicking sound, and it was not connecting me to my phone line so I could hear a dial tone.

If I quit, and restarted HomeSeerer and HSP, it worked O.K. again.

Comment

Working...
          X