Silencing the off-hook PING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silencing the off-hook PING!

I have the Way2Call (USB) and HS Phone installed. Everything's working nicely except for one problem. Seems that whenever any phone in the house is hung up HSP sends single note "PING!" out the audio card. It doesn't matter whether the call involved the Way2Call or someone just used the phone. I've tried every setting I can think of to suppress this but nothing seems to help. Help!

Regards,

Frank Conforti

Here this is caused by Way2Call triggering a first ring event. If your HSP log look like this at the time of the hang up:

4/24/2003 8:29:14 PM: Line ringing (line 1), count: 1 ForceAnswer: 0 Normrings: 5 ...
    4/24/2003 8:29:14 PM: Notifying HS of event type: 1 DTMF:
    4/24/2003 8:29:14 PM: Notifying HS of event type: 0 DTMF:
    4/24/2003 8:29:22 PM: Resetting line due to no pickup of call. Line: 1
    4/24/2003 8:29:22 PM: Resetting line due to no line pickup (113)
    4/24/2003 8:29:22 PM: Resetting line: 1
    4/24/2003 8:29:22 PM: Notifying HS of event type: 9 DTMF:

Then see if you have an On First Ring phone event with some script containing a ping.....

Comment

I'm at a loss on getting Homeseer Phone to stop pinging the speaker. It seems more erratic than before. When my wife uses the phone Homeseer (or HSP) pings twice when she hangs up. Not always but often. It sometimes pings when I simply try to use the VR to call someone. If I can't solve the problem with the Ping! I'm not going to be allowed to put in a whole house audio for HS to communicate with the rest of the family. Help!

BTW, I've searched for on-hook, and other stuff. A couple of idiosyncracies... one, HSP still finds the old Conextant drivers although I removed the card and the drivers when I upgraded to the Way2Call USB unit. It might be related to my problem with the Pings? Does anyone know how to totally exorcise the old modem drivers (the card is physically out of the computer)? Thanks!

--fjc

Comment

Frank (an others)

Have you ever foud what was causing this PING. I'm facing this problem too.

Thanks

Michel

Comment

I never was able to get rid of this "Ping" so I deleted the ding.wav from my system and don't have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

I believe that this strange "ding" has something to do with Power Management.
            It is there only after the PM has shut down monitor for about 15 minutes.
            I for one, am not very comfortable at turning off audible warnings and I would not like to disable the "default beep" sound.
            Any ideas?

Comment

Do you have a screen saver kicking off after 15 minutes?

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
              |
              | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
              HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

No I don't
                My screen saver is set to "None"
                I however, use Power management to turn off monitor after one minute of inactivity.
                From 1 minute to 15 minutes everything is OK.
                But after 15 minutes maybe something else shuts down from the PM (?) and the ping is activated

Comment

Working...
                X