No CID on new hi-phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No CID on new hi-phone

I bought a new hi-phone from HS Tech a few months ago, I cannot get CID to work with it. After reading the posts here, I guess I am lucky that it's working as well as it is, but with out CID, I can't do CID matching or caller announcing. I am gussing that either something is not turned on, or there is something wrong with the hi-phone. BTW, when I was using HSP with the PCI modem, it worked fine. I got the hi-phone because I moved the HomeSeer machine to a laptop (that is all it does now). Hi-Phone about info:

Interface version: 1.08.25
    Wave version: 1.08.25
    Driver version: 2.00.36
    Firmware version: 4.52.06

Frobozz,

For certain users, the Hi-Phone is unable to detect CID. I, myself, went through three Hi-Phones to find this out. I don't know what there is about my setup at home that is incompatible with the W2C.

I learned about the $5 NetCallerID box and, with Rick Tinker's addition of a new way to pass CID data to HS Phone, now have a hybrid Hi-Phone setup. The Hi-Phone performs all the phone functions, but the NetCallerID box processes the CID data. If you're interested in more information about the NetCallerID box, you might take a look in the WAF-NetCallerID forum here on the message board.

--David

Comment

Maybe I am missing something in the HSP settings. Is there a box that needs to be checked to turn on CID in HSP? I think I have everything on that should be. Way2call is having me do a whole bunch of tests, I just hope that I'm not missing something in HSP.

Comment

get caller ID with the names attached?

I do not get callerID with the way2call either- and my local phone Co does not provide names with the numbers on CID.

I'd be interested to see if that seems to be the case for everyone....
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Yes, the regular phone, that is plugged into the *phone* jack of the hi-phone, displays the CID name and number.

Comment

It looks like my hi-phone problems has something to do with the power supply. When running the laptop on battery, HSP records the CID the way it should. When I plug it back into the outlet, it does not record CID. I have tried a few outlets in the house, same results. So, either I have a grounding issue in my house, or a bad power supply for the laptop.

Anyone ever have an issue like this before?

Comment

Under HSP- advanced options for the way2call- if your "phone power" option set to internal or external (line)?

Try switching it and see if that helps..

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

What is the difference between internal power and external power? Is internal when the hi-phone gets it's power from the PC vs the wall plug?

Comment

it means it gets if from the phone line. I believe there is a 40 volt diiferential between the lines (90 when it rings).

I am not sure- but it is the only way I can think of to muck with the hiphone power.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Had two problems:

First the phone wires were backwards, reversed the ring and tip. The ring should have -48V, the tip should have 0V tested through an earth ground.

Second, I had to ground the laptop directly. I ran a ground wire from the cold copper water pipe to the screw on the com port.

As far as I know, I have no other problems with the hi-phone or HSP.

Comment

Working...
                    X