HSP answers through soundcard speaker not hiphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSP answers through soundcard speaker not hiphone

I can't get the hiphone to answer through the phone. I just did a complete fresh OS and HS install. Then I copied my old config folder over.

When I go offhook and press #, it says 'yes sire' through the PC speakers. I am sure I forgot something as it's been a while and I am way too tired to think about this right now.

Any idea what the setting is to correct this?

Man, doing a complete reinstall is a bite! I need to keep better notes on all the stuff to change for an install......

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> When I go offhook and press #, it says 'yes sire' through the PC speakers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Steve P,

In HS Phone View / Options / Text_to_Speach/wave Device, is system default selected ?

Darrell

System Info: HS box 2.0Ghz P4 256MB WinXP(H) - CG Box 450Mhz P3 128MB Win98 - 3Com Audrey StockHA - ViewSonic1K 800Mhz P3 128MB W2K - I/R ADI Ocelot - X10 PowerLink(USB)- RF Mr26a 1.6.0.203 - HiPhone(USB) 1.08.60 - HomeSeer Ver 1.6.186 - HS Phone Ver 2.0.161 - Media Player 1.0.0.17 - CyberGenie 3.0 - Napco Gemini 1.0.18

Comment

I'm not sure if your asking how to correct the yes sire or not but if you go to View &gt; Options then select the internal call handling you can key in a new prompt here. Also make sure a command script is selected on this tab as well.

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I already have my phrase in there. And now it does say that phrase. So it is acknowledging that VR should be listening. But it is speaking through the speakers and not the telephone. So it is not switching to the telephone for VR. I tried setting my VR settings in the Control Panel to system default device as well as the Soundblaster card.

Don't know what else to try.

I don't really get any clues as to what's wrong.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Comment

SteveP

Comment

One other user is reporting that they are also hearing sounds through their speakers instead of the phone. I would put in a help request on this.

-Rupp
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Steve,

Darrell mentions the Text_to_speech/wave device in the options menu. Have you tried changing this to the "Hi-Phone Desktop USB". I had the same problem with mine last week when I installed the Hi-Phone for the first time and I did have to change the text-to-speech device and I might have had to make a change in the control panel for the audio device. I will check it further when I get home, but I know that right now the Text to Speech device is set to "Hi-Phone Desktop USB" and not the sound card or system default.

Jeff

Comment

the device that you normally listen to messages with. It shows that it normally is the sound card. Maybe there's something I didn't set right in the control panel. Appreciate your checking later when you get home.

I need to try entering a help ticket again. Couldn't get in earlier.

SteveP

Comment

I agree Steve I had it set to system default or the sound card up until I installed the Hi-Phone. After that I started getting the "yes sire" pharse from the speakers instead of over the phone. I ended up changing the text-to-speech option to the Hi-Phone and it is now working. I can't remember if I had to change something in the control panel setting or not, but it does not seem correct that it should have to be set to the Hi-phone on the text-to-speech screen as it says that this option is for recording or listening to messages. I will play with it when I get home from work if I have time and report back.

Jeff

Comment

I think I remember you saying not to put the hiphone as the audio device on the TTS page of HSP.

I don't see what other options are left.

I haven't been able to log into the help desk system to post a ticket.

SteveP

Comment

Check the thread anchored at the top of this subject. I loaded the new dll and my wave to phone issues were solved.

Thanks Rich!

SteveP

Comment

Working...
                      X