Way2call dropping calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2call dropping calls?

I have been using way2call hiphone desktop for a while mainly for CID detection and notification, but lately it seems to be picking up calls and dropping them.
    Any idea as to why its doing that?

I haven't had that symptom, but I have had a couple of way2calls fail on me. The first one was due to a lightning strike, so fair enough. The second one seemed to just where out and would randomly crash about once a week. I just picked up another one a month ago, and so far so good. There are some on ebay again right now, you might want to grab one while you can.

Comment

You can configure it to drop calls for specific (and maybe all) numbers. Did you accidentally do that? I use that feature to drop unwanted callers by adding them to the address book and setting them to have their calls dropped.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        You can configure it to drop calls for specific (and maybe all) numbers. Did you accidentally do that? I use that feature to drop unwanted callers by adding them to the address book and setting them to have their calls dropped.
        Thanks for your replies, I do not think I blocked any callers ( I dont even know where to set it up, please let me know where that is done and I'll check)

Thanks

Comment

Assuming that you aren't using a custom IVR script, then it should only be in the address book entries. Edit one of the apparently blocked numbers and see if "hang up on this caller" is checked.

Also, you might go into tools - setup - phone - line specific and select yes for detailed logging and log ivr script processing.

If you call to leave a message, does it prompt you, or is there just silence when it picks up?
          If you pick up an extension and press #, does HomeSeer respond?

Comment

My apologies, thought there was a global setting as well for hangups, but there are only individual ones as pointed out by joegr . Silence detection may cause early hang-ups as well if the volumes are too low. Those settings are under Tools - Setup - Phone, select the Way2Call Modem in the drop down and then under the "Modem Settings (All Modems)".
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hi

I am fairly new to Homeseer , but I'm trying to find some way to integrate my phone into HS3.
              I have a way2call unit but are there any other solutions to integrate phone/IVR into my HS3 system?

How are most HS3 users getting phone integration. Are there any IVR scripts that are useful? Are there any programmers that would custom write an IVR
              for me? ( obviously for compensation)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here are a couple of threads you might find helpful.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...display-script

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/le...-using-hsphone

Also, if the IVR in the second thread above doesn't meet your needs, I can probably help you with customizing it. Post the details of what you want it to do and we'll talk about it.

Fred
                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Working...
                X