Voice Dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Dial

Any one using the voice dialing, if so can you tell me how well it works. Needed for a blind person

This is all assuming you have HomeSeer Modem or Way2Call running and wired correctly

First, make sure the name is checked in the phonebook in HS Phone (see pict)

Pickup an internal phone and press the pound key.

The HS computer should pick up with the voice prompt

-------------------------------------------------

Examples:
    'John' only has a phone number in the phone book under 'home'

You would say "Call John"

If John had phone numbers under 'Work Phone' and 'Home Phone'

You would say "Call John at home" or "Call John at work"
    Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

I use it all the time. The recognition works for me 90-95% of the time, and when it doesn't get it right, you simply say "No" and then try again. Dialing numbers directly is also possible, but the recognition on that drops to about 75% (meaning it gets the whole number right about 3/4 of the time).

Mine is set up to use the First and Last names, such as:

"Call John Doe's Cell Phone"

You can also dial numbers directly that are not in the phone book.
      "Dial 1 800 555 1212"

Each digit must be spoken separately and 0's must be spoken as "zero".
      You would have to say:
      "Dial one eight zero zero five five five one two one two"

Saying:
      "Dial one eight hundred ...." would NOT work.

Hope this info helps!
      -Doug

Comment

Mine only reliabily seems to work if I use First and Last name, but the documentation says it should work with just first name. Either "Dial" or "Call" seems to work.

The biggest grip I have with it is that the "Yes" or "No" has to be very clear. If it doesn't get that one when you say "No" it just hangs on the line and you have to hangup and start again.

Comment

Anogee,

That's strange--I never have to hang up because of the Yes/No failing. It always takes me back to the HSPhone command prompt and does not hang the line.

My SWMBO had some problems with it understanding her to say "yes". It always seemed to hear "No". She has found that if she says, "yeeeas", very sarcastically, it works!

You may want to post a separate thread (so we don't hi-jack this one) asking for help with that. It doesn't sound normal.

Comment

Working...
          X