Need some help getting HSPhone to work on new HS3 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help getting HSPhone to work on new HS3 system

I upgraded to HS4 Pro, which I like and which, as everyone knows, lacks HSPhone. So, I am using a licensed version of HS3 Std on a separate computer for the Way2Call and HSPhone interface. I can call my home, get the message from HSPhone to leave a message, and leave a message that gets recorded. What is not happening is that there is no caller ID posted (even with the message) and no special ringtone or message for known callers. The log does not show the telephone number of the caller. Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

When I initially moved from HS2 to HS3 I had the same issue. I kept HSPhone running on HS2, while everything else was running on HS3. Both on the same computer. I used Jon00's Connector software to link HS2 to HS3. It keeps duplicate devices synchronized in HS2 and HS3. I think the same would work for you, and as a bonus eliminate the need for a second computer.

You can find Jon's Connector software here: Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

Here too still running HS2 only for HSPhone. There were features removed with the Way2Call box in HSPhone for HS3.

Newer testing now on HS4 box. I created two tiny Windows Virtual boxes on the Linux HS4 machine which only runs HS2 / HSPhone for two lines.

Plus another VB for multiple instances of speaker.exe with different SAPI voices.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
        When I initially moved from HS2 to HS3 I had the same issue. I kept HSPhone running on HS2, while everything else was running on HS3. Both on the same computer. I used Jon00's Connector software to link HS2 to HS3. It keeps duplicate devices synchronized in HS2 and HS3. I think the same would work for you, and as a bonus eliminate the need for a second computer.

You can find Jon's Connector software here: Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector - HomeSeer Message Board
        Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into this. However, I'm not sure how this would work for me, since I installed HS4 over my HS3 installation.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Here too still running HS2 only for HSPhone. There were features removed with the Way2Call box in HSPhone for HS3.

Newer testing now on HS4 box. I created two tiny Windows Virtual boxes on the Linux HS4 machine which only runs HS2 / HSPhone for two lines.

Plus another VB for multiple instances of speaker.exe with different SAPI voices.
          Thanks, Pete. I am running HS4 on a Windows 10 machine and HS3 on a second Windows 10 machine. I may install HS2 and use with HSPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into this. However, I'm not sure how this would work for me, since I installed HS4 over my HS3 installation.
            1) You should be able to install HS3 on the HS4 machine and they should run concurrently. Make a backup of the entire HS4 directory first just in case.
            2) Once HS3 is installed, you can copy your entire HS3 directory from the HS3 machine to the HS4 machine.
            3) Install Jon00's Connector software and it syncs whichever devices you specify between HS3 and HS4. So any of those devices that change in HS3 will also be changed in HS4. HS4 can then respond to things that are happening with HSPhone in HS3. For example, the phone rings. HSPhone in HS3 updates its CID device. Connector duplicates that update in HS4. You can do whatever you want with it in HS4. And it works in both directions, so if you change a device in HS4, the corresponding device in HS3 will also be updated.

I used this method with HS2 & HS3 and it worked flawlessly. The only thing HS2 did was manage the HSPhone plugin. HS3 had all the brains and made all the decisions. Worked great!

It sounds onerous, but really isn't. Jon's instructions are excellent, so its quite easy to set up. You could also do the Connector on your two separate machines, but why maintain two when it can all be done on one.

EDIT: Correction - HS4 & HS3 will NOT run concurrently on the same machine. Thanks to Jon00 for correcting me.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
              I am using a licensed version of HS3 Std on a separate computer for the Way2Call and HSPhone interface. I can call my home, get the message from HSPhone to leave a message, and leave a message that gets recorded. What is not happening is that there is no caller ID posted (even with the message) and no special ringtone or message for known callers. The log does not show the telephone number of the caller.
              Have you edited the Way2Call entries in the "Line Specific Settings" on the Phone tab of the Setup page?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post

1) You should be able to install HS3 on the HS4 machine and they should run concurrently. Make a backup of the entire HS4 directory first just in case.
                FYI, as HS4 is based on HS3, you cannot run HS3 and HS4 concurrently on the same machine.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

FYI, as HS4 is based on HS3, you cannot run HS3 and HS4 concurrently on the same machine.
                  Thanks Jon, I have not made the switch to HS4 yet so I had assumed it worked the same way as HS2/HS3. Thanks for setting me straight.

Comment

Homeseer 2 ran the best here on Windows 2003 32 bit server. I did build a micro version of W2003 to run on an Oracle Virtual Box. The USB Way2Call drivers work fine. Here the HS3 box has a couple of NICs on it so I assign a physical NIC to the VB.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Homeseer 2 ran the best here on Windows 2003 32 bit server. I did build a micro version of W2003 to run on an Oracle Virtual Box. The USB Way2Call drivers work fine. Here the HS3 box has a couple of NICs on it so I assign a physical NIC to the VB.
                      Trying to implement HSPhone with HS2 on VirtualBox running Windows XP. I got everything running, except when HSPhone is dealing with a call, everything crashes. By the way, I think the caller ID issue with HSPhone is a problem with Way2Call, probably, firmware. Caller ID works fine on XP, does not work on Windows 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X