Does Way2Call Hi-Phone work for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Way2Call Hi-Phone work for anyone?

I just bought the Way2Call Hi-Phone, delivery tomorrow. I have been reading all of these horror stories. Is anyone running this with no problems? Is there any happy stories out there?

I use mine for callerid and answering machine. It's been running perfect for me. I checked my callerid log and the earliest date is May 2003. No problems during that time with the Hi-Phone.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Mine works great. The horror stories (a lot were from me) are from an old driver issue.

If after installing, the 'About..." on the W2C icon should look like the pict below.

If it does, read this post to get the ones I use. But they may be shipping the 1.08.60 Beta drivers with the device now.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=78

Some do have a CID accuracy issue, I believe it is a grounding issue.
      If you do have CID issues, look at David's WAF NetCID add on found here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=700

I run two of those, one for Verizon landline and one for Vonage.
      Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Guys, I feeling a little better .

Comment

But they may be shipping the 1.08.60 Beta drivers with the device now.
          As of last Monday, HS was shipping driver 1.08.25

Comment

Mine works well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry S
              As of last Monday, HS was shipping driver 1.08.25
              If you get any lockups (hard, hardware locks), go for the 1.08.60 Beta drivers. I've never tried the 1.08.25 and the little number on the end is smaller...

~Bill

Comment

Mark, what drivers are you running please?

~Bill

Comment

I am useing 1.08.25 with no problems :-)

Comment

1.80.60 and generally no problems. Apart from the fact CID doesn't pick up Private numbers correctly here in Australia. This is strange because non private numbers work fine.

Comment

Here's mine. Running XP Pro
                      Attached Files

Comment

Turned mine off months ago. Haven't tried it lately. Will try after HS/HSP version 2 is out. Probably just a combination of not enough horsepower, HS/HSP/plugins using more HP, OS patches, life, etc.

Comment

Missing software

Bought my Way2call USB when it first came out (>2 years ago), never really got it to work and got sidetracked since then.

I would like to try it again now, but I am on a new computer and I lost the setup CD. I do not have any of the installation software.

Can anyone direct me to where I can get the software to install this?

Thanks
                          Joe
                          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I downloaded the drivers from a site on way2call and it seemed to install, but is the way2call supposed to show up as one of the modems? it doesn't show up as a modem in control panel or in HS Phone?

Joe
                            jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Its not a real data modem, so it won't show up as a modem in Windows. It shows up as an audio device. Check your audio control panel and see if it shows up there. It should show up in HomeSeer Phone. If not, I suspect the drivers did not install. Make sure you install the CD first, then plug in the Hi-Phone. If you do not do this, the wrong drivers get installed. If your on XP, do a system restore to get your PC back to a state before you installed the drivers, then install the CD. When you plug in the Hi-Phone, 3 dialogs should pop up as 3 different sets of drivers need to install. Make sure you wait for all 3, it could take a few minutes.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X