Remote Desk Top and Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Desk Top and Speech

OK, in thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=104309 I posted a problem with my outgoing message stopping. I found out it is actually a speech and remote desktop problem.

My HS system is on a "headless" PC running XP. I only ever access it through remote desktop. When ever I was doing my debugging I was always logged in and everything worked.

Then every morning on my way to work I tested my HSP by calling home and it did not work! Thus the last post. Now, what I was doing is putting my laptop to sleep every night. What that did was disconnect my RD session. It does not log me off, just ends the session. Usually all sofware still runs. I do not have any problems with the other HS or main lobby activities.

But, I do get the error "Warning, speak error, resetting speech: Method '~' of object '~' failed" when the RD session is not actually connected. I found thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=terminal where someone had the same problem.

Long story short, it looks like speach does not work over a remote session unless that session is actually active.

So, here is the real question.... in HS 2.0 and HSP.next will the architechure be different enough that this problem will go away?

There's a fix for this and it has been document several times. First of all you need to set your remote connection to leave the speech at the remote computer. Then there is a command line argument that will disconnect the remote session without actually logging the user off thus aliveating the speech problem. Put this line in a bat file on the PC your remote to. Then just double click on this and it will end you session and remain logged in.

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yup, I all ready had the "leave sound on desktop" on. I'll try that command line and see if it makes a difference. What doesn' make sense is that when you close your RD window you do stay logged in. So, I'm not sure what running the tscon.exe will do for me, but I'll try it.

Even if it works though, I still have a problem. I use that machine with an airpanel to run main lobby. If someone turns off the airpanel or it runs out of battery, then the session will just disconect and my phone services will stop working.

Comment

Working...
      X