W2C and HS 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W2C and HS 2

Does anyone have HS2 working correctly with W2C?

Darrell

I do now, except for silence detection, which was cutting off many callers until I disabled it. I would like to use silence detection to hang-up my doorbell "fon", but for now I'm relying on the 120sec max message length.

When I upgraded to HS2, I also upgraded my computer. At first I had NO luck getting the W2C to work reliably. Communications would fail and the W2C would become unresponsive. Naturally, I thought it was HS2. BUT I tried a 3rd part PCI USB card (Belkin w/ NEC chipset) and the W2C has been working reliably since (save for the silence detection)

Are you having problems with yours? Is so, what kind? I can share my settings if you'd like.

Regards,
    Don

Comment

OFFICIALLY-- DOES WAY2CALL WORK with hs2 OR NOT?

Ive been delaying purchasing the upgrade until the last day.. and now its here.. so I'm getting it now.. but i use the way2call USB modem... I'm confused.. i thought that it wasn't supported yet?? i read that somewhere. is it suppose to work now? I am "hopefull" it does, or will be soon???? if it doesn't work yet, i wont even try hs2 yet... i need the full capabilities of the way2call. im also hopeful for hs to help with the threading problems.. my hs1.7 is soooo slow, i think i have it "bogged" down with too much activity (i wont go into detail here).. but I hope 2.0 helps with this.. any info on the official status of way2call compatibility with hs2 would be great!

Comment

Yes, Way2call Works With Hs2

I have been using Way2Call since version 1955 with no problems. Made a minor change in one script affecting Way2Call. The setup page was confusing to me at first, even though it has the same check boxs, etc. as 1.7. Just a different format. This may have been what was causing some of the problems people were initially having with HSPHONE and Way2Call.

Thomas

HS2 Ver 1972, W2K, OCELOT, MCSAUDREY, MR26A, CM11A, HI-PHONE USB

Comment

YES, the USB W2C works well with HS2. I am presently running with no issues. Enabling silence detection has had no negative affect on my system. (Used with SunRocket VOIP service).

I am very much enjoying HS2.

--David

Comment

Wow,

Thanks for the responses, I did get conformation from Mark that the W2C does work with HS2.

I am currently running 1.7 with no issues and I did not want to up to HS2 without the W2C.

Thanks,

Darrell

Comment

Working...
            X