Way2Call and comports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call and comports

Can any body tell me if the way2call will work on any other com ports besides com 1 or 2.

Installed a new USB card just to put the Hiphone on. Using the hardware configuration tool Auto-Detect, it can not find it.

All the drivers installed ok and HSP picks it up just fine.

Does the Detect tool just work on serial ports ?

-Zap
    -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
    Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
    HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
    W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Z:

Check this please, let us know if that doesn't work.

B.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113561

~Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill,

It now shows up.

-Zap
      -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
      Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
      HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
      W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
      Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Comment

Welcome to the W2C world...

~Bill

Comment

Slightly different problem

My Way2call stopped being able to dial out so I played around, deinstalled and reinstalled it and now it isn't recognized at all. HS doesn't see it, I can't right click and configure or anything. I tried the above and also deleted the registry entries for Way2call. No go. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know it works; I tried it on another machine and it's fine. Running HS 2.1.18 Rupp!

Comment

I would first upgrade to the latest release version of HomeSeer and see if that helps. I don't know a lot about the way2call but isn't there an icon in the system tray to communicate with the modem? Does this work?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp and I'll try it. The Way2call does have an icon and unfortunately neither XP nor HS are seeing it. The installation goes fine but when it's time to configure it goes to search for the device and doesn't see it.

Comment

Al,
                Try a reinstall of the W2C here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...64&postcount=2

~Bill

Comment

Bill,
                  Thanks, I've done that and just about everything else I can think of. The device works on another PC, and everything looks like it installs properly, but it does not show up on Way2call or HS. And what's more, now CID doesn't even work! I'm losing WAF by the second now.

Comment

Update

Well, I'm sort of back in business now. I removed all USB devices and it started showing up again. Now CID works, as does outgoing call logging, but it will not dial out on its own. For anyone whom it may help, my system must have gotten bogged down with some USB devices I installed and stopped using. In particular I think the Lyra Wireless Sound device was a problem. I've put in a support request to Way2call.

Comment

FYI: The W2C won't show up under the 'modem' catagory under your Windows Device Manager.

Have you read this post? http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...&highlight=W2C

~Bill

Comment

Ooooops, looks like you have it most of the way under control, rock on...

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                        X