Way2Call Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Troubles

Help! We had a bad storm here and I had to shut everything down quick. Now my Way2Call is not recognized on my HS Server. I have tried everything listed here. I know the unit is OK, because I installed it on my laptop and it showed right up. Does anyone know where in the registry I can edit/delete the settings and try to get it back? Thanks,

You may be quicker to delete the phone.ini file from the config directory and just re-install Way2Call.

I suppose you could try renaming the ini file, creating a new one then pasting the old one back, but I doubt it.

If after a fresh install of HSP,s ini it still does not work then I would start looking to see if the PC has been damaged in any way.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Thanks Gogs,
      The problem is definitely in the computer not seeing the Way2call. I can't find anything indicating any damage and everything else on it is working. I even tried a different USB.

Comment

Shut down the computer, unplug the W2C USB cable, start the computer back up without HomeSeer running, then plug in the USB cable.

Does your harddrive light start blinking rapidly for a few, does Windows say New Hardware Found?

I'd do a screenshot of my Device Manager but my VNC is fighting me.

With the W2C unplugged from the USB port have you tried re-installing the W2C USB drivers?

~Bill

Comment

Thanks for chiming in Bill. I got it working. Believe it or not, it was the Lyra Wireless unit. I had unplugged all my USB, but hadn't disabled the Lyra and with it active, my computer just won't see the W2C. Just one of those wierd hardware issues.

Comment

Working...
          X