Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing DTMF Tones

Hi,

Ever since I had my Way2Call it's missed outgoing dtmf, so if I dialled 02380123456, HS may see 028146 for example but it never gets the whole number.

Also the caller ID is not passed the handsets as it was with the HS modem.

Anybody else seeing this or have got round it.
    Lance

W2C seems very dependent on a good ground so you may want to check that.

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
      W2C seems very dependent on a good ground so you may want to check that.
      Sorry to ask but what do you mean a good ground?
      Lance

Comment

No problem Lance -
        I mean earth ground. Some folks have had better luck with their W2C by connecting it to a good earth ground. Check out this post:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ay2Call+ground
        Also, how many phone are connected? The current drops with each phone connected and there may be too many to get a good signal to it. You could try unhooking all phones but one or two and see if it improves.

Comment

Oh OK, thought you were going to say that, unfortunately my Way2Call came with a US power supply so it's totally powered by the USB cable.

As for CID, mine is 100% reliable hasn't missed a beat.
          Lance

Comment

Alconnell - Thanks for your help, I finally got round to getting a power supply and it solved all the problems cheers.
            Lance

Comment

Glad you got it working. It's funny, because mine works better when it's only USB powered for some reason.

Comment

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 813289" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>lancenorton</TD><TD class=alt2>Ever since I had my Way2Call it's missed outgoing dtmf, so if I dialled 02380123456, HS may see 028146 for example but it never gets the whole number.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 813296" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Alconnell</TD><TD class=alt2>W2C seems very dependent on a good ground so you may want to check that.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                WOW - THANK YOU!! I have been battling this for years - if you asked HSP to dial-by-voice, it worked great, but if you tried to dial a phone number manually, it only recognized a few of the digits dialed (which resulted in accidentally dialing 9-1-1 once and having my house surrounded by police!!)

SOLUTION: The grounding comment made me realize that my W2C is plugged into a UPS, which isn't a true ground. Once I moved it to a regular outlet, my outgoing call reliability went from 25% to 100% success.
                THANK YOU AGAIN!!

Comment

Working...
                X