Ignoring off hook due to incoming call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignoring off hook due to incoming call

Anyone seen Ignoring off hook due to incoming call in the log?
    When I get it, I can't answer the incoming call.
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

I get that message everytime the phone rings, but it happens when i actually take the phone off hook i.e. answer the incoming call.

For some reason it looks like HS thinks you have answered the call
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

the same thing is happening with me. when i pick up the phone I don't get a connection.
      Anyone know how to solve this?
      Peter

Comment

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember this problem or something like it being related to the load on the line, ie. too many phones connected to the output (phone side) of the modem. I did have similar problems when I'd had all of my house phones connected in this way. I solved it by buying a cordless phone with four handsets. Now the modem sees only the one phone and works fine.
        I do, for the record, get the "off hook" log entry when I pick up.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember this problem or something like it being related to the load on the line, ie. too many phones connected to the output (phone side) of the modem. I did have similar problems when I'd had all of my house phones connected in this way. I solved it by buying a cordless phone with four handsets. Now the modem sees only the one phone and works fine.
          I do, for the record, get the "off hook" log entry when I pick up.

Wade, good memory, it is known as Ringer Equivalence and yes there is a limit to how many phones you can have. Like everything else basic phones have changed and there should be a tag on the bottom with the RE. Way back when... when phones had dials instead of buttons the phone company used to be able to determine if you had additional phones by measuring your RE (this is back when it was illegal to add your own phones (go figure!))

(the workaround was disconnecting the bell coil in the extension)

If you have more than 3 or 4 phones it can cause problems with the PCI modem (don't know about the way 2 call) I know before satelite receivers had ethernet, too many receivers plugged in caused problems also.

I used to use a device called an "Easy Jack" it works by putting extension phones over the powerline. it comes in 2 parts, you plug a phone line into it, plug it in the wall and then plug your phones into the receiver part, it eliminated the additional RE, but my eventual solution was to do like Wade did and buy a multi handset wireless unit. I believe now they make the easy jack in a wireless version

Jack
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
            If you have more than 3 or 4 phones it can cause problems with the PCI modem (don't know about the way 2 call).

I used to use a device called an "Easy Jack" it works by putting extension phones over the powerline.
            Jack
            I had the same problem with the W2C. It was at that point I sprung for the multi-handset phone. One of my best HA investments yet.

I avoided the Easy-Jack, thinking it might interfere with the X10 with which, I'm happy to say, I have no problems.
            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

the Easy Jack never bothered my X10, but now that my sat receivers use ethernet I only have 2 phones connected and don't use the easy jack
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?
              I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Well, I have wireless phones. So only the base station is connected to the modem. It has worked ok for months and now, without any changes, allmost all incomming calls can't be answered anymore. Somethimes it is working, but 9 out of 10 I see Ignoring off hook due to incomming call. Do I have a problem with my way2call modem?
                I have Hi-Phone USB interface version 1.08.02.
                Peter

Comment

Sounds exactly like the problem I'm having. It will work one time after a system restart, but after that the incoming calls are not picked up, special rings does not work, and the ignoring off hook message is displayed. The ring count is continuously 1, so it's like it recognizes the call, but then hangs up and starts over.

The workaround of disconnecting my wireless phone (Uniden 2.4 Ghz, with base and two phones) works great. However, I need a wireless phone! Maybe it's the particular phone. Anyone have wireless phones they can recommend?

Comment

Working...
                  X