Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring up W2C with Security in the loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring up W2C with Security in the loop?

Sorry to repeat this post but got no response to post in the HS Modem forum... hoping some W2C users can answer...

1) I've seen the wiring diagrams for hooking up the HS modem (or W2C) to the phone lines, but that doesn't show a security alarm (RJ31X) situation where the security system needs to be able to seize the line for dialing out to the secuity monitoring center... it must have priority so the buglar/medical/fire alarm call cannot be interrupted by someone or HS takeing a phone offhook. Also does dead-line detect and off-hook detect.

So the normal wire is telco > HS modem > house phones. With security, it would, I assume, be: telco > RJ31X (security panel) > HS modem > house phones. Correct?

2) Now add in that the alarm system ALSO has telephone handset control features (HAI phone keypad commands / voice response), and that it also uses # to detect that it is to intercept a call from a house phone. Is there a setting for HSPhone to use something other than # to request HS answer?

Thanks!
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    With security, it would, I assume, be: telco > RJ31X (security panel) > HS modem > house phones. Correct?
    Yes, that is correct.

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    Is there a setting for HSPhone to use something other than # to request HS answer?
    Yes, under setup->phone->line specific settings->internal call settings you'll find the option "Command Key for Internal Answer".

Don

Comment

Working...
    X