Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple way2call units

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Multiple way2call units

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if HS supports two way2calls at once? There is clearly the option for different lines in the Phone setup tab and the HS log shows HS as seeing both devices, but the second way2call doesn't appear within the drop down 'line' box to allow it to be set up.

    The way2call test program sees them both and can control them.

    Jon

    #2
    No, it doesn't. HomeSeer Pro can connect 2 lines but one has to be the HSPhone PCI Modem which isn't available any more and the other has to be a Way2Call unit.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Ditto what Rupp said.

      I am running a W2C and a PCI Modem V2 on HS PRO. Works great for two lines.
      I am running a MagicJack for line 2. That way I have a dedicated line to HS2 without the house phones ringing.


      ~Bill

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
        ....
        I am running a MagicJack for line 2.
        .....
        (Off topic)
        Bill,
        I've heard nothing but bad reviews about MagicJack. Have you had good luck with it?
        Steve

        Comment


          #5
          And they watch you...
          http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/0...eula-says.html

          Comment


            #6
            Holy thread resurrection Batman!

            How will HS3 handle multiple units? We need to be able to handle multiple units so a many people have more than one line.
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

            Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

            Comment


              #7
              I'd have to ask but there was some talk about not even porting HSPhone last week but I believe Rich stated he was still using it so he was going to port it eventually.

              Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
              -Rupp
              sigpic

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                Holy thread resurrection Batman!

                How will HS3 handle multiple units? We need to be able to handle multiple units so a many people have more than one line.
                Check those post dates dude!


                ~Bill

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  I'd have to ask but there was some talk about not even porting HSPhone last week but I believe Rich stated he was still using it so he was going to port it eventually.

                  Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                  Rupp - I think confusion may lay with the HS3 Plugin Update Spreadsheet where it says TBD under the completion date for HSP. People may be not reading the column header and may be thinking porting to HSP is TBD.


                  ~Bill

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                    Rupp - I think confusion may lay with the HS3 Plugin Update Spreadsheet where it says TBD under the completion date for HSP. People may be not reading the column header and may be thinking porting to HSP is TBD.
                    What does porting mean???

                    Does TBD mean to be done or to be determined???? If it is determined, is it referring to a date in time or is it maybe/maybe-not at all???

                    At one time I thought it stood for to be discontinued.

                    I get confused sometimes about all this stuff... We got more acronyms going on then an ASCII phonebook

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
                      What does porting mean???

                      Does TBD mean to be done or to be determined???? If it is determined, is it referring to a date in time or is it maybe/maybe-not at all???

                      At one time I thought it stood for to be discontinued.

                      I get confused sometimes about all this stuff... We got more acronyms going on then an ASCII phonebook
                      Porting in this instance is weather it will be re-coded for HS3 or not. I'll have to ask Rich if he is still going to move HSPhone to HS3. More and more users are opting out of home phones.
                      TBD - To Be Determined.
                      -Rupp
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I hope it is still on the way. Rich said back at the first of June that it was close once they got the UI cleaned up.

                        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=51


                        Jeff

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Porting in this instance is weather it will be re-coded for HS3 or not. I'll have to ask Rich if he is still going to move HSPhone to HS3. More and more users are opting out of home phones.
                          TBD - To Be Determined.
                          That may be the case but, I think everyone still has home phones in the house. They may chose to use cells but, having HSphone allows the use of phones as controllers so, it is very important. Unless you plan on introducing a 2-way version of TTS into HSTouch.
                          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

                          Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                            That may be the case but, I think everyone still has home phones in the house. They may chose to use cells but, having HSphone allows the use of phones as controllers so, it is very important. Unless you plan on introducing a 2-way version of TTS into HSTouch.
                            They do still have home phones, especially if they have alarm systems or satellite boxes that need to dialup.
                            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                            68 Z-Wave Nodes, 175 Events, 359 Devices
                            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                            Plugins: Z-Wave, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Here I autoforward the cell phones (via software on phone) to the landline which is still copper on line #1. Line #2 is VOIP.

                              I have both the HS PCI modem and the W2C box but have never tried the two togeter.
                              - Pete

                              Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
                              HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
                              HS4 Lite -

                              X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X