Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple way2call units

Hi,

Does anyone know if HS supports two way2calls at once? There is clearly the option for different lines in the Phone setup tab and the HS log shows HS as seeing both devices, but the second way2call doesn't appear within the drop down 'line' box to allow it to be set up.

The way2call test program sees them both and can control them.

Jon

No, it doesn't. HomeSeer Pro can connect 2 lines but one has to be the HSPhone PCI Modem which isn't available any more and the other has to be a Way2Call unit.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ditto what Rupp said.

I am running a W2C and a PCI Modem V2 on HS PRO. Works great for two lines.
      I am running a MagicJack for line 2. That way I have a dedicated line to HS2 without the house phones ringing.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
        I am running a MagicJack for line 2.
        (Off topic)
        Bill,
        I've heard nothing but bad reviews about MagicJack. Have you had good luck with it?
        Steve

Comment

And they watch you...
          http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/0...eula-says.html

Comment

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

How will HS3 handle multiple units? We need to be able to handle multiple units so a many people have more than one line.
            Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I'd have to ask but there was some talk about not even porting HSPhone last week but I believe Rich stated he was still using it so he was going to port it eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                Holy thread resurrection Batman!

How will HS3 handle multiple units? We need to be able to handle multiple units so a many people have more than one line.
                Check those post dates dude!

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  I'd have to ask but there was some talk about not even porting HSPhone last week but I believe Rich stated he was still using it so he was going to port it eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                  Rupp - I think confusion may lay with the HS3 Plugin Update Spreadsheet where it says TBD under the completion date for HSP. People may be not reading the column header and may be thinking porting to HSP is TBD.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                    Rupp - I think confusion may lay with the HS3 Plugin Update Spreadsheet where it says TBD under the completion date for HSP. People may be not reading the column header and may be thinking porting to HSP is TBD.
                    What does porting mean???

Does TBD mean to be done or to be determined???? If it is determined, is it referring to a date in time or is it maybe/maybe-not at all???

At one time I thought it stood for to be discontinued.

I get confused sometimes about all this stuff... We got more acronyms going on then an ASCII phonebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Coleman View Post
                      What does porting mean???

Does TBD mean to be done or to be determined???? If it is determined, is it referring to a date in time or is it maybe/maybe-not at all???

At one time I thought it stood for to be discontinued.

I get confused sometimes about all this stuff... We got more acronyms going on then an ASCII phonebook
                      Porting in this instance is weather it will be re-coded for HS3 or not. I'll have to ask Rich if he is still going to move HSPhone to HS3. More and more users are opting out of home phones.
                      TBD - To Be Determined.

Comment

I hope it is still on the way. Rich said back at the first of June that it was close once they got the UI cleaned up.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=51

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Porting in this instance is weather it will be re-coded for HS3 or not. I'll have to ask Rich if he is still going to move HSPhone to HS3. More and more users are opting out of home phones.
                          TBD - To Be Determined.
                          That may be the case but, I think everyone still has home phones in the house. They may chose to use cells but, having HSphone allows the use of phones as controllers so, it is very important. Unless you plan on introducing a 2-way version of TTS into HSTouch.
                          Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                            That may be the case but, I think everyone still has home phones in the house. They may chose to use cells but, having HSphone allows the use of phones as controllers so, it is very important. Unless you plan on introducing a 2-way version of TTS into HSTouch.
                            They do still have home phones, especially if they have alarm systems or satellite boxes that need to dialup.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Here I autoforward the cell phones (via software on phone) to the landline which is still copper on line #1. Line #2 is VOIP.

I have both the HS PCI modem and the W2C box but have never tried the two togeter.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                              X