Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call and SIP

Hi Chaps,

Has anybody got a Way2Call working with a SIP line?

My current setup is normal analogue line -> Way2Call -> Analogue DECT Phones......works great.

But I would like to use a SIP line for this instead of the analogue line but when I plug the Way2Call into the SIP line it just constantly tries to grab the line, log below

09/02/2009 14:03:57 - Info - Internal answer is disabled, ignoring off-hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:58 - HSPhone - On Hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:58 - Info - Muting rings enabled
    09/02/2009 14:03:58 - HSPhone - Off Hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:58 - Info - Internal answer is disabled, ignoring off-hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:59 - HSPhone - On Hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:59 - Info - Muting rings enabled
    09/02/2009 14:03:59 - HSPhone - Off Hook
    09/02/2009 14:03:59 - Info - Internal answer is disabled, ignoring off-hook
    09/02/2009 14:04:00 - HSPhone - On Hook
    09/02/2009 14:04:00 - Info - Muting rings enabled
    09/02/2009 14:04:00 - HSPhone - Off Hook

But when I plug the Analogue DECT phones directly into the SIP line all works?

Is there a setting in HS I should be changing or perhaps a new firmware/driver for the Way2Call?

FYI - SIP line is off my router (DrayTek 2820) basically provides two analogue lines if registered.

Thanks
    Lance

Why don't you try the SIP Connector plugin ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

So with this you would just do away with the Way2Call?
      Lance

Comment

It really depends on what you need.

One big difference between analog and SIP phones, is that you cannot easily have 2 SIP phones plugged in parallel.

--> When the SIP line rings, the ring SIP message goes to the SIP IP address for the line, and if it's set to the SIP Connector, then the SIP Connector handles the call, and there is no easy way to have an other phone ring ... answer from an other phone etc.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stiplus - Thanks for this, I've installed the connector and registered my two SIP lines that was easy and only took a few minutes. Call the SIP numbers and all works, caller ID in the HS log...great.

But the vb scripts confuse the hell out of me and can't really work out what is going on. Calls go straight to VM and I can't even work out how to extend the ring time.

So for the moment I would like to try and get the Way2Call to work with my current setup, has anybody done this?
          Lance

Comment

Originally posted by lancenorton View Post
            Stiplus - Thanks for this, I've installed the connector and registered my two SIP lines that was easy and only took a few minutes. Call the SIP numbers and all works, caller ID in the HS log...great.

But the vb scripts confuse the hell out of me and can't really work out what is going on. Calls go straight to VM and I can't even work out how to extend the ring time.
            This is what I tried to explain to you... you say that calls go straight to VM, but they can't go anywhere else... it's not like with several analog phones plugged in parallel.

To extend the ring time, you just need to follow the documentation... but the real question is why would you want to extend the ring time ? To have enough time to pick up the call with another phone ? This is not easily possible with SIP as calls are directed to one phone only, and SIP phones are not plugged in parallel with the SIP Connector, like analog phones with an answering machine.
            --
            stipus

Comment

My two cents...

I have enabled a ring group for my SIP line, so that the ATA as well as the SIP connector rings. I've done this through asterisk, but your VOIP provider may offer something similar.

Comment

In fairness perhaps it's me who has not explained myself, I'll try but please accept my apologies in advance if this post sounds condescending, it's not meant to.

What I would really like is just to replace my analogue line with a SIP line and the rest of my setup to remain the same.

This is possible now, now problem, just unhook the analogue phones (all dect phones running from one base station) from my Way2Call and plug into the SIP converter on my router, job done 5 analogue dect phones all working off one SIP port, OK they act as one phone but that's all I really need at the moment.

But with this solution there is no integration to HS which is not what I want, I did this a year and a bit ago but I think it was with the HS modem, it just worked I plugged the HS modem into the SIP converter and then the phones into the modem, all fine apart from at that time my bandwidth wasn't up to the challenge and low WAF stopped the experiment. However CLID etc...all worked.

So I now have more bandwidth so I thought I'd give it another go but the Way2Call doesn't seem to like it as the HS modem did but I guess that's Murphy's Law!
                Lance

Comment

hey hey, tweaked a few settings on my router and hey presto, the Way2Call now uses the SIP line fantastic.

When the kids get older and want their own phones then perhaps I'll look into the SIP connector but for now it's way over my head.
                  Lance

Comment

Working...
                  X