Way2Call and WHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call and WHS

Anyone using the Way2Call modem with Windows Home Server?

The reason I ask is I am having some trouble accessing the modem with anything other than HS.

When I first install the drivers, the TAPI setup that gets installed can see the modem. If I reboot, it goes away, however, HS seems to be able to use the modem. Does HS someone take exclusive ownership of the modem?

I need YAC to also access the mode to provide CID/call info to another application and I can't seem to get it to work. Any thoughts?

EDIT: BTW, I am using the most recent drivers and firmware for the W2C.

heatvent (great tag by the way!):

I sent you an email via the board, but just in case that doesn't work....

You might want to take a look at my SnevlCID caller ID package. It is located here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133636. It should be able to interface to HSP and provide a way to do stuff with other apps, including YAC (not YACseer, but YAC).

If you can be more explicit in what you are trying to do, I probably can help. Send me a PM with your email address and we can start a discussion about it.

Steve

Comment

Why not use an event that is triggered by CAllerIDAvailable and then run a script to send your data to your YAC clients or other application?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, I think the less is more in this situation, but if I can't get it to work otherwise, I'll try that or some other solution.

So to describe my setup/issue, I use SageTV (PVR software) which as an addin called SageInfoPopup. It listens to a YAC server and, by default, pauses the TV and has a popup that shows who is calling and has buttions to play, pause, stop. It can also be configured to show the caller, not stop, etc. I use HS and SageTV in service mode and YAC with a program by Bob Gavant called YACService that runs it as a service.

On a normal startup, HS shows the W2C initiallized fine but InfoPopup does not work. If I RDP into my server and use the W2C tools or start YAC, the W2C is not present. If I reinstall the drivers, it is there, but HS doesn't seem to get CID and InfoPopup seems to work then and the W2C is visable to the W2C setup tools.

I also trialed YACSeer in hopes that I could get the following workflow to work:

W2C --> HSPhone --> YACSeer --> YACListeners on 127.0.0.1 --> SageInfoPopup

HS seemed to get CID fine, but InfoPopup didn't work.

Ideally, I would like to keep it simple and have HSPhone and YAC pickup the CID at the same time but it doesn't seem to work.

Comment

I think what Rupp is saying is you shouldn't need YACseer, or my stuff for that matter. If HSPhone is getting the CID, you can write a quick script to pull the CID data and send it (via the YAC stand-alone sender program) the YAC listeners. I don't have it here in front of me, but if you go look in the SnevlCID thread in the Development Library forum there is a script I wrote to integrate SnevlCID with YAC. With minor modifications, you should be able to use that thread to hook HSP to you YAC listeners (without using SnevlCID). Let me know if you want some help.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the help. Looks like I have a couple of issues going on here (1) the modem disappears and YAC can't find it, (2) I have YAC running as a service and for some reason it is not picking up the YACSendText string in service mode but works fine if I start up the application in the system tray. I am using a program called YACService which supposedly runs YAC as a service. I can even see yac.exe as a running process. I will probably look into why I am having issues as a service. I know I can run as application but that would require to autologon to WHS and I don't really want to do that.

Comment

You don't actually need YAC connected to your Modem. HSP can't share the W2C as a modem, probably. All you need is YAC listener runnning on the client (to connect to Sage) and the YAC Send Text application on the HS side.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                You don't actually need YAC connected to your Modem. HSP can't share the W2C as a modem, probably. All you need is YAC listener runnning on the client (to connect to Sage) and the YAC Send Text application on the HS side.

Steve
                Steve, in the instructions to your YAC script it says YAC server needs to be on the HS PC. I realize it doesn't need to be a modem but you do need the server running for YACTextSend right?

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                  Steve, in the instructions to your YAC script it says YAC server needs to be on the HS PC. I realize it doesn't need to be a modem but you do need the server running for YACTextSend right?
                  Duh. Sorry about that. You are right. What I should say is that you do not want the YAC on the HS machine to try and hook up to W2C.

Have you had any luck?

Edit: I'm not sure why you would want to run YAC as a service; maybe I am not understanding. Do you already have autologin in order to start up HS?

Steve

Comment

Wow! I couldn't have stumbled onto a better answer. It looks like Jon Ort has already done everything I needed. See post at:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ght=yac+script

He has a .vb script for sending messages or CID information to YAC listners. For now, just created an event to run the script when CID info is received by HS and added a Main sub to the script that calls the YacSendText sub and passes the localhost IP and hsp.CIDNumber/hsp.CIDName as arguments.

Code:
                    Sub Main(ByVal parm as Object)

YacSendText("127.0.0.1","",hsp.CIDNumber(1),hsp.CIDName(1))

End Sub
                    Works like a charm. No need for YAC server or services running.
                    Last edited by heatvent; August 5, 2009, 09:33 PM. Reason: Added code

Comment

Working...
                    X