way2call does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way2call does not work

.I have a way2call usb that refuses to work. I first installed it about a year ago, and have been working on it off and on ever since. It worked for about a month after first installing it, but then quit. I exchanged the unit 1 time through way2call.

Here is a list of symptoms and conditions:
    1) It doesn't lock up my phone line.
    2) None of the devices in the Hardware Tab say way2call or hiphone.
    3) All power save options disabled.
    4) Use wall wart. measures 12.27vdc.
    5) Phone line voltages. 50.3v On Hook. 8.4vdc Off Hook. 100.2vac Ringing.
    6) w2cusb.dll. 1 copy in system32 ver 2.01.03
    7) firmware 4.03.34.
    8) Windows Audio is started.
    9) Telephony is started.

I have gotten it to work occasionally for a while. When it works:
    1) Does not report caller ID
    2) Did get Caller ID a couple of times after running "Shellbug" (only once each time. then it quit again.)
    3) Answering machine usually works.
    4) # works.
    5) Voice control works.

That's all I can recall at this time. If someone can help me I would appreciate it. This has been going on tooooo long.

Thanks,
    Terry Taul
    Last edited by ; December 15, 2009, 10:39 PM.

did you try shutting down HomeSeer and testing it using the hiphone diagnostic software? This would be a huge diagnostic clue.

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Test Wizard

When it works with homeseer, the Text Wizard works. When it doesn't, the Test Wizard does not.

Comment

Which modem is it, the Way2Call or Way2Call lite? How old is the modem? Many users have needed to ground the Way2Call unit to get it to work properly. How this is done I'm not sure as I no one has ever posted an image showing how they accomplished this.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

way2call usb not lite

I have no idea what is happening with the unit. I have been wondering if my usb ports are acting up. when it quits, I try to start test wiz or driver information utility, and machine locks up until I unplug the way2call usb cable. When I plug it back in, the driver information shows the device model, part number, s/n, firmware, etc.
          Still, when it is working, my caller ID does not function.

Hi-Phone Desktop USB 018691
          Firmware Version: 4.03.34
          P/N: HD00USGR02
          S/N: 1027-31-018691

Comment

I would contact Way2Call and see if the unit is still under warranty.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Unit has been replaced once.

I was sent a new unit a few months ago. It acts pretty much the same as the old one.

here is a link the a snapshot of my Device Manager after installing way2call. Does this look right?
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/45665321@N05/4193883340/

Thanks,
              Terry Taul

Comment

I don't have a w2c icon. never have.

Comment

Could it be because you haven't installed the drivers but rather are using the built in windows ones? (I think i remember you mentioning that, but i'm not certain). I'd suggest installing the latest ones from the w2c site. I've done that w/windows 7, and save for the VR issue that seems to be related to a bug in win7, my w2c works quite well.

ian
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

What OS are you using and what version of W2C drivers did you install. Checked mine and am using from the original install CD.

From an exe extract called: tapi10882_26
                    Files installed are old:

Under PNP

ScIPTsa.sys V2.5.0.9
                    SPHONE.VXD from 2001 no version seen
                    W2cTraveler.sys V2.0.2.1

Under Release:
                    w2cUSB.dll V2.0.8.9

See another exe file called "ivmsetup.exe" not sure what this one is for but the digital signature on it states: NCH Swift Sound.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have installed, removed and reinstalled many times. I have never seen a way2call icon. Drivers in the Device manager say microsoft, but I am installing from w2c install.exe. If I try to update driver and browse to the "w2cRS232Wave.inf" file in the PnP folder, it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware."

It appears to be ignoring the w2c drivers and installing windows ones.

I am running XP sp2
                      w2c drivers 2.01.03

thanks,
                      Terry

Comment

I have cleared the registry. Disabled the modem in device manager (no option in bios). re-installed. used older drivers. still the same. I can unplug w2c and plug it back in, restart homeseer, and it will respond to # a couple of times, then it hang my phone until I unplug usb.

Comment

If you have a spare PCI slot, you may want to try a PCI-USB card. When I installed my Way2Call a couple of years ago, I was unable to make it work reliably when connected to my PC's onboard USB. Connecting it to a Belkin PCI-USB card solved the lockup/comm issues:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106006

Don

Comment

just ordered the belkin pci board. I have plugged my w2c into another computer, just using test wiz, and it seems to run fine for days. it's worth a try.

thanks,
                            Terry

Comment

Terry, I have a warm and fuzzy feeling that the PCI card is going to help

Out of curiosity, what brand of computer or specific motherboard are you using?

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X