Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-hook/On-hook

Hey ya'll,

I'm having a reoccurring issue with my way2call. Every 15 or 20 minutes the device thinks that a phone has been picked up in the house when it has not. Unfortunately people are getting busy signals when trying to get in contact with me as a result. Here's the thing though, I only have one phone in the house, a base for 6 cordless phones. Any ideas what might be causing it?

thanks!

3/30/2010 6:42:16 AM HSPhone Off Hook
    3/30/2010 6:42:16 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone Off Hook"
    3/30/2010 6:42:16 AM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.setdevicestring "z70","Phone IN USE",True
    3/30/2010 6:42:16 AM HSPhone Waiting for Command Key (#) ...
    3/30/2010 6:42:33 AM HSPhone Line current drop detected, ignoring since not connected
    3/30/2010 6:43:04 AM HSPhone On Hook
    3/30/2010 6:43:04 AM HSPhone Muting rings disabled
    3/30/2010 6:43:04 AM Event Event Trigger "Phone On Hook"
    3/30/2010 6:43:04 AM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.setdevicestring "z70","Phone On-Hook",True
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Not sure what is causing that, but three things to check I can think of:
    1. Do you have an (phone) alarm system on the input side? Perhaps it's doing something. I know the W2C modem resets the phone line after a phone call, so maybe the alarm is doing something that the modem then resets.
    2. Have you checked to see if there is an updated firmware for your W2C?
    3. It may be that the modem is detecting an off-hook from your base unit. Have you tried another phone plugged directly into the modem to see if it goes away?
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
      Not sure what is causing that, but three things to check I can think of:
      1. Do you have an (phone) alarm system on the input side? Perhaps it's doing something. I know the W2C modem resets the phone line after a phone call, so maybe the alarm is doing something that the modem then resets.
      2. Have you checked to see if there is an updated firmware for your W2C?
      3. It may be that the modem is detecting an off-hook from your base unit. Have you tried another phone plugged directly into the modem to see if it goes away?
      alarm system isn't on this POTS line

looks like there is some new firmware and windows drivers out there. Will try that tonight.

yeah, could be that one base. I'll do firmware first and then the base.

thanks!
      HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

leave the firmware for last, just plug/unplug physical phones. the less you mix it up the better off you are.
        first test the system with the way2call software.
        Stuart

Comment

Try also playing a wav file over you speakers with your "Phone Off Hook" event. That little audio clue may help you narrow it down.

What is your phone service? Busy signals aren't common anymore with call waiting and online voicemails.

For anyone having a similar issue satellite receivers will do the same 'line peek' to ensure they are hooked to a phone line. But usually not every 15 minutes though.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
            Try also playing a wav file over you speakers with your "Phone Off Hook" event. That little audio clue may help you narrow it down.

What is your phone service? Busy signals aren't common anymore with call waiting and online voicemails.

For anyone having a similar issue satellite receivers will do the same 'line peek' to ensure they are hooked to a phone line. But usually not every 15 minutes though.
            Good idea on the .wav

Regular POTS line. I don't do call waiting, be here now.

My sat receiver does do that, typically early morning but you can see the digits dialed on the HS log when it does.

Comment

I routinely just do a little "click" sound for on hook and off hook events. Since it is just me and the wife I know not to bug her when I hear she is on the phone and the other click tells me when she is done.

Also - on my cordless Uniden phone each handset will say IN USE when someone is using the handset. Now if you kept a handset real close to you and you heard the off hook CLICK you could look at the handset and tell if it is one of the handsets making the off hook condition or something else if the handset doesn't say IN USE.

~Bill

Comment

I have a theory - is it raining a lot there?

When I had copper line telco and the weather got bad I'd have all kinds of screwy things.

It may be at a telco connect where all your neighbors tie into. Go ask you neighbors if they are having problems.

It may be the box hanging on your house. See if the interior is wet.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                X