Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does/Should W2C detect off hook of extensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does/Should W2C detect off hook of extensions?

I have a W2C Lite connected to one of my extensions in the house and I tried adding a "Handset off hook" trigger, but when I pick up an extension phone, I don't get any action, nor do I get anything logged in the HS Log. However, if I press a digit on the phone, the HS sees and logs the DTMF digit?

Should the W2C detect when extension phones go off hook?

Thanks

The W2c needs to be the first device on the line and all extensions need to plugged into the W2C
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Thanks jackpod, will look into rewiring to that.

Comment

The easiest thing to do, and avoid rewiring anything is to use a cordless phone with multiple handsets. Just plug the base into the W2C and voila, all the phones ase slaved to the modem. I do keep one other phone wired begore the W2C with the ringer normally turned off. In case the computer develops problems, there's always a working phone in the house.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

most phone prewired homes have a minimum of 2 pairs if not 4. The standard is to use the blue/white pair...

so check your D-Mark outside, you will probably see the blue/white pair connected. To save having to rewire all the jacks in the house, change the blue/white pair for the orange/white pair. At the jack where the way2call is located, make a cable that uses the orange/white to feed the way2call and the blue/white on the output to feed back to the rest of the jacks in the house. This will put the way2call as the first device but all the jacks in the house will still work after the way2call.... make sense?
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I had a person come in and home-run all the phones to a punch down.

It sounds to me like you're suggesting just tapping off the way2call, which would be like making it an extension, not? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying (probably).

From the way I understand it, if the W2C is not in-line and first in-line, picking up a handset won't be recognized by the W2C and thus events triggered off that (perhaps ones that silence spoken alerts) won't operate correctly?

Thanks!

Comment

yes you misunderstood, I'll draw something up
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?

Comment

That would be super!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X