Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Configuration for HSPro & Windows 7 Problems

Hello,

After two weeks migrating HSPro from XP to WIndows 7, due to a server problem. I only have two significant problems left to fix. One is email and the other is my Way2Call modem.

I use the Way2Call unit for announcing caller-id and answering the phone. After installing the new x64 drivers, the caller-id and VR (I don't use it, but I tried it anyway to see if it would work) works fine. The problem lies with the phone answering announcement is spoken over the house speakers not the phone. Even though VR speaks over the phone just fine. Here's how I have the speaker Playback and Recording functions set on the Windows 7 box:

Playback:
    - Speakers - Set to Default Device
    - Headphone - Set to Default Communications Device
    - Speakers (High-Phone Desktop USB) - Set to Ready - I did try setting it to Default Communication Device at one point, but it didn't work either.

Recording:
    - Microphone (High-Phone Desktop USB) - Set to Default Device
    - Microphone (High-Phone Desktop Aux USB) - Set to Default Communications Device

There are no errors or warnings appearing in the log file, other than the one that is noted by everyone when their system is first booted.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

when you do the VR does the HS response go over the WHA speakers or the phone?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Playback:
      - Speakers - Set to Default Device
      - Headphone - Set to Default Communications Device
      - Speakers (High-Phone Desktop USB) - Set to Ready - I did try setting it to Default Communication Device at one point, but it didn't work either.

The last one needs to be set to Default Device and then the system needs to be restarted.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had a similiar issue. I copied the Way2Call DLL file from the Windows directory to the HSPro directory. The speaker problems went away. Before doing this though I would see a (-) minus value for the W2C audio input and output while booting HS. Now the values are normal again. (all during my HSPro / W7 update from W2003 server).

I do see an error relating to VR when its booting.

I've been told to ignore the error cuz W2C will continue to function fine with the VR error.

For Email I installed current version of STunnel (as I had been running it for a while on the W2003 box) and copied over the configuration file from the W2003 setup. Another issue I saw was relating to the 1-Wire XAP stuff. I just needed to load up the legacy MS Java stuff to get it to run again.

I was so attached to NTBackup that I found out how to make it run on W7. Its just three files. The only problem is that it doesn't copy with shadowcopy (doesn't work) so I downloaded a free backup program which is very similiar to NTBackup. Its working fine.

I've been hesitate to consider using W7 64 bit cause of the drivers issues (relating to my 18 plus serial/usb connections). Are you having any issues running HSPro on a 64bit machine?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

So far so good with the stability of HS/Pro and 64bit operating system. My problems seem to be with how email works or in my case doesn't even with Stennel and the Way2Call modem. I haven't tried your approach yet in copying over the dll file, but I'll try that this weekend. It's just real strange why VR works fine over the phone, but the announcements only play on the house speakers. I would have thought that VR would also have the same problem by responding to voice commands over the house speakers rather than the handset, but nope, it works the way it's supposed to.
          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I've set up the legacy dual core HS (never implemented though) with Ultimate 64 and have gotten as far as installing the base HSPro and a couple of plugins. I've also installed TTS and its working fine. The part I don't want to deal with right now is the directory change. Some folks have suggested to put the HS directory in the root such that if you switch back to X86 then its easier. So for the time being I've installed PlayOnTv to the X64 setup to see how it runs - it does a good job of streaming internet video. Related to audio I did see a "sticking" of configurations with the base "on motherboard audio" and the W2C audio showing same issues as you mention. It cleared itself but was a bit annoying in that I really didn't do anything to fix it. Not sure but the Aero desktop is starting to irritate me a bit. It seems to "guess" what you are going to do next on the desktop with your mouse motions; like move icons around etc. I rarely use the X86 W7 HSPro Ultimate console. Yesterday all I was doing was moving around some icons (pinning them to task bar, etc) and watched as the HSSpeaker first shut itself off (or disconnected); then HSPro shut itself down without me telling it to do so. It could be also the way I'm using VNC as it needs to be configured to work with the Aero desktop such that it appears to shadow it in some manner.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X