Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-Phone transfer to new computer not working

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I'm back... only in slightly better shape

    Well, I've been away for a few days. I picked up a USB card and just now tried it. It passes the "about" drivers test that it never did before. In other words, with the w2c plugged into the USB on the PCI card, I can get it work OUTSIDE of HomeSeer. However, I still get that same nasty initialization error when I add the phone line in HSP (see post #7).

    I appreciate all the help and am finally optimistic that I'll get this thing going again.

    Comment


      #17
      I've got it up and running correctly now

      I went back to my "old" drivers--the ones that were working on the old machine. These are the multidrivers from Way2Call's website rather than the hi-phone specific drivers Bill helped me grab.

      So, for those having a similar issue, here was the solution:
      1. Connecting the Hi-Phone through a USB peripheral card rather than the USB port on the back of the mother board.
      2. Using the "multiple devices driver (MDD)". (I realize this is likely more than what I need, but they work, so I'm stickin' with 'em.)

      Again, thanks for the help from all who chipped in with suggestions!

      Comment


        #18
        Steve,

        I had some issues with HSPhone / W2C box with W7. I fixed it by copying the DLL utilized by HSPhone to the HS directory. Your problems could also related to two DLL's that are different?

        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=144800&page=6
        - Pete

        Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
        HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
        HS4 Lite -

        X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Pete View Post
          Steve,

          I had some issues with HSPhone / W2C box with W7. I fixed it by copying the DLL utilized by HSPhone to the HS directory. Your problems could also related to two DLL's that are different?

          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=144800&page=6
          Pete,
          I'm willing to try it. I'll need to figure out where they are now and what they are called, but I think I can manage that. In looking at the thread, I couldn't tell if that fixed your problem with the W2C. Were there others as well?
          Steve

          Comment


            #20
            No and yes.

            For whatever reason initially I had issues with the speaker dot exe sound drivers that kept wanting to default to the W2C drivers. After that then all was OK. It was more like W7 couldn't deal with multiple sound drivers / functions of said sound drivers. Not so much a HS issue.

            Not sure what they are and will have a look at the last snapshot of the W7 HS that I utilized.
            - Pete

            Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.12.X
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.12.X
            HS4 Pro - V4.1.7.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/VB W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.12.x
            HS4 Lite -

            X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

            Comment

            Working...
            X