Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Way2Call Hi-Phone Stopped Working - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call Hi-Phone Stopped Working - Fixed!

After several months of flawless service, my Way2Call device stopped working properly. The problem: it picks up the call, identifies the CID, and instead of providing a message to the caller, it gives 2 short beeps and briefly pauses to repeat these beeps for several cycles, until finally it gives one long beep, until you hang up. I ran the hardware test wizard for Way2Call and no errors were found. I uninstalled and re-installed the latest drivers for Way2Call to no avail. I have the HomeTroller III with HS Pro. Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when you start HS?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No errors in the startup log related to the modem.
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Problem solved

I solved the problem by changing the phone that connected to the modem. After spending hours of troubleshooting, I saw in the HomeSeer log that the phone was prematurely going on hook after a call came in. So, it occurred to me to disconnect the phone and it worked perfectly. I changed out the phone and it continues to work perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X