Does this happen to anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this happen to anyone?

I have been using the Way2Call and over the months/years have experienced some issues. Not sure if these are common, but does anyone else experience the following:
    • Bit of a pulsating hum in the background for the first 10-15 sec off hook
    • Then slight click and everything goes clearer
    • Occassionally during a long call, the person I am talking to can't hear me anymore but I can hear them
    My setup is Ooma Telo -> Way2Call -> AT&T Dect 6 Phone.

I know it's the W2C because if I go straght from Ooma to phone, issues go away. Not sure if it's my W2C unit, my setup, etc.

Thanks

I hear a hum here but know its related to my HAI OPII panel and it kind of sounds like some sort of ground loop. I don't here anything similiar with the W2C box though when taking it off hook. My legacy copper (have Oooma on another line). The only thing I hear with the Ooma (which is irritating) is the Ooma jingle when I take the line off hook. So far since installed I've opened only one support ticket and that was relating to seeing only an Ooma CID when placing a call on the line. The issue was fixed within a week or so.

Legacy copper (Sprint after many years) = = > HAI OPII = = > W2C = => punch panel = => legacy multiple line Siemens / Panasonic (older style large handset) combo desk / wireless. I'm guessing you did add the ground thing to the W2C box for the HSPhone CID pieces eh?

I am noticing now that I get two CID's per call. One original and one from the W2C box coming from the HSPhone address book. This seemed to "appear" when I upgraded to a newer DLL for HSPhone. I have to change it back.

Try connecting and disconnecting the ground on your W2C device and see if that changes anything?

I never grounded my W2C box though here. I do utilize an external PS with it and do not rely on the USB power to power it up; never have; but I think most HS users have it connected in this fashion.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

No Ground
      No Power Supply
      No Problem

I did use the power supply years ago. I don't remember whether I disconnected it because of problems, or if I just found I didn't need it.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I know I have used a power supply in the past and don't recall this fixing anything. I have not grounded my unit (i have seen the post and I wonder if that might help). This could just have something to do with my MB too. Maybe I should give it a try on another PC.

Comment

I had a hum for a long time when I had the Way2Call hooked up to the phone line but hadn't yet hooked up the USB cable to the HS PC.

When I attached the USB cable to the HS PC, the hum seemed to go away.

I am using a power supply, the above seems to suggest a ground issue.
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

• Bit of a pulsating hum in the background for the first 10-15 sec off hook

Yes

Then slight click and everything goes clearer

Yes

Occassionally during a long call, the person I am talking to can't hear me anymore but I can hear them

No

Comment

My first gen Atom D510 had a slight hum from the audio. Tried some filters but they didn't work. It ended up being a noisy power supply which I replaced. Note this is a picoPSU to 12VDC brick configuration. I replaced the 12VDC brick and that got rid of the audio hub. (HS audio now goes to a Russound 4 zoned amp, generic amp to the AB8SS and a third AMP for local speakers).

Its been a while but I think I went to the W2C PS when I tripped the ports on the USB hub for whatever reason and that shut down the W2C box. It hasn't happened (a few years now) since then.

On the car PC's I ended up grounding the motherboard chassis to the automobile ground to get rid of an annoying hum I heard when playing music.

I like the "saftey" features of the USB port. Last night while "experimenting" with an open USB hub and these little USB connectors I ended up putting one in upside down such that all four contact points shorted out again the metal shell. It just rebooted the Joggler with no damage. I did burn out a USB backup camera for the automobile by applying 12VDC instead of 5VDC on the USB port power piece a year or so ago.
              Last edited by Pete; March 9, 2012, 09:34 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Some things to think about. Maybe I will do some troubleshooting to help isolate the problem. I was hoping it was maybe a software settings issue for the Way2Call in HSPhone (silence detection or something like that). However, I have pretty much everything disabled. Not sure of settings others use (mine are below).
                Attached Files

Comment

My HSPhone config is a bit different.

I can though patch the W2C box over to the Ooma line and configure my W2C identically to yours to see if I hear anything different.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                  X