No announcement yet.

Anybody tried the Way2call with Ooma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am using Ooma as well with Way2Call used currently for caller ID but previously for voice messages as well (want to go back to it). One issue I encountered using Way2Call Voice mail with Ooma is that it often recorded short empty messages (few seconds) not detecting that the line had been dropped. Has anybody integrated the Ooma voice mail / web site into HomeSeer/HSTouch?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Noticed an article in the last Consumer Report that mentioned Ooma.

The article is called "Break Free from Cable" in the May 2014 Issue.

I will scan it and post it here.

It rated Oooma #1 out of 26 VOIP services in the US with a reader score of 88 (value, reliability, call quality and support).
      I would like very much to look at that article if you find it Pete.

Also, is there a way to eliminate that music tone 'jingle' from the Ooma service that occurs before a dial tone?
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        I am using Ooma as well with Way2Call used currently for caller ID but previously for voice messages as well (want to go back to it). One issue I encountered using Way2Call Voice mail with Ooma is that it often recorded short empty messages (few seconds) not detecting that the line had been dropped. Has anybody integrated the Ooma voice mail / web site into HomeSeer/HSTouch?
        I think I tried that a while back. The drawback was my kitchen touchscreen announces over the kitchen speakers so I would have needed to install speakers for the computer that runs that screen to playback the voicemail. Also, even if I would have populate all the contacts in ooma, I do not believe you can dial from the contact list like I can with HS.
        John

Comment

Yup here the preferences are to keep everything in house.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If ooma has a way that we can read/write to their contact list then we can work on a script that would sync ooma to Google contacts. That gives us a way to have ooma, Microsoft Outlook, Google Contacts and Android cell phones all synced so that no matter where we enter or edit a contact it ends up in all of our devices.

Then we either sync it with HSPhone or if HSPhone for HS3 isn't ready soon then we work on a plugin that does what HSPhone did in HS2.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Here is a scan of the VOIP pieces of Consumer Reports.

Interesting too that MagicJack is #5 over rest of the BB providers relating to VOIP.

@Jeff,

Called Ooma support today asking if there was any sort of SDK for Ooma development out there.

They said no.

Looking on the Ooma forum see this:

http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic...b20eb&start=10

I have been playing a bit with this as I also have GV (years now).

http://www.ooma.com/app/support/goog...sions#anchor-2
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Here is the import contact page for My Ooma.
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Comparing some speeds now.

Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So we can sync the Google Contacts down but not up. Would just have to remember to not edit the contacts in ooma. But at least you could be synced everywhere.

So for those of you that have a way2call hooked up to HS3, what can it do? I can see Telephone Event Occurs but I don't have my way2call hooked up to HS3 so I can't complete the Event.
                    Does it save a callers log?
                    Does it save answering machine messages.
                    If the only missing part of HSPhone is the UI, then it sounds like we can get by without it and design our own pages.

I wrote a script that takes the last 300 entries in the callers.log file and creates an xml file that you can then use in HSTouch. I used a modified graphic from HSPhone to design a Caller-ID page. There is a next button at the bottom of the page to go to the next caller. The most recent call is the first one displayed. Currently, you can only increment the RSS feed so I added a button to go back to the first call. I put in a feature request to add a Decrement RSS Feed so hopefully that will get added for HS3. I added a text box to display an image of the caller but I can't find a way to get the image to update correctly but that would take care of the Caller ID list.
                    I need to know what HS3 does with answering machine messages before I can work on a HSTouch answering machine page.
                    Attached Files
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone
                    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
                    X