Way2Call and Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way2Call and Windows 10

Does anyone know if the Way2call modem for HS3 will work on windows 10. I have it working on windows 8.1 with the downloaded drivers form w2call. Wanted to know if when upgrading to windows 10 the drivers still work.
    Thanks Dave.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 56 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.119
    Number of Devices: 126
    Number of Events: 38

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.4.0: BLGarbage
    3.2.0.0: Omnistat 3
    30.0.0.29: RFXCOM
    3.0.0.39: weatherXML
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave

Yes. I just did this. I downloaded the latest drivers and installed my way2call...it was recognized and I am able to interact with it via HS3.

Ed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

What are you using for a plug-in with HS3? I thought HS had dropped support for Way2Call in HS3. I would love to transfer mine over to HS3 instead of my hybrid of HS2 for Way2Call and HS3 for everything else.

Comment

I have been using my Way2call ever since they added support for it back in May of 2014 to HS3. At least that is when I started testing it with HS3 and didn't make the full move from HS2 to HS3 until a bit later in 2014. The only issue you may run into is if you pick up an older way2call and need to update the firmware. I think you still really need a Windows XP machine to do that safely. I did mine in a windows xp VM while running on Windows 7, but there were a few tense moments when I thought I may have bricked it. It did work though and hasn't had an issue after being updated.

Jeff

Here is the thread where they started working on beta support for HSPHONE

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...hlight=hsphone
        Last edited by cerjzc; January 5, 2016, 06:02 PM. Reason: update link

Comment

Thank you so much! HSPhone is not listed in the plug-ins (at least not that I can find) so I assumed it had never been done. I presume it must be working well for you. I can now move forward with getting rid of the last remnants of HS2. Thanks again!!

Comment

Yeah it doesn't show up in the plug-ins as it is a built in feature and doesn't require a separate download. I was able to move over my old address book when I made the move to HS3, but I did create a new config setup for the way2call when I started using it in HS3.

Jeff

Comment

I believe there is a set of drivers available for download on the way2call website for Windows 10
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
              X