No announcement yet.

Heated Floors - Tile - Thermostat Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years later; Another revelation - Looks like Schluter has released a Wifi controller thermostat: DITRA-HEAT-E-WiFi.

At first glance of photos of the web interface - it looks like a pretty simple interface... it makes me wonder how easy it would be to tie into that portal...

Comment

Looks interesting but $300 CDN... damn
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

No mention of any type of API at all on their website. Contact them and see if they have a developer program or open API then it could be possible.

Comment

I received a notice that the Signature Thermostat from Nuheat (https://www.nuheat.com/products/ther...ure-thermostat) now has a public API for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
            I received a notice that the Signature Thermostat from Nuheat (https://www.nuheat.com/products/ther...ure-thermostat) now has a public API for it.
            The Signature from NuHeat has had an API for a long time. The last comment about no API was for the DITRA-HEAT-E-WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The Signature from NuHeat has had an API for a long time. The last comment about no API was for the DITRA-HEAT-E-WiFi.
              So what are you waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

So what are you waiting for?
                If I were to replace my own I would need 6 of them and they are not cheap units. For development I'm still considering it but again they are not cheap. I need to finish up the plugins in progress currently then I will revisit this and see if there's budget for a dev unit.

Comment

I have 3 DITRA-HEAT-E-WiFi thermostats and would definitely make use of a homeseer integration. I have asked them about an API and so far the answer is have no.

Comment

Originally posted by theplant View Post
                    I have 3 DITRA-HEAT-E-WiFi thermostats and would definitely make use of a homeseer integration. I have asked them about an API and so far the answer is have no.
                    If you have an actuall contact email (not general sales but a person) then PM it to me and I'll reach out to them.

Comment

New house I'm about to close on has one of these in the bathroom. I doubt it's the Wi-Fi model but it looks pretty new. Any luck on working out a plug-in for this?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                        New house I'm about to close on has one of these in the bathroom. I doubt it's the Wi-Fi model but it looks pretty new. Any luck on working out a plug-in for this?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
                        That is not the wifi version so there's no access/way to get information from it.

Comment

I'm putting some serious thought into developing the plugin for the NuHeat Signature thermostat. I've been in contact with NuHeat to get the details needed. All I need now is to know how many are still interested to know if this is still worth while doing.

Comment

I am definitely still interested. Please do it!

Comment

The Stelpro STZW402+ is Z-Wave plus and can do 120V/2000W or 240V/4000W direct on line-voltage and goes for about $60

https://www.stelpro.com/en-US/4000-w...rt-home-z-wave

That should work for most floor heating setups as well right?

Was thinking of adding an electrical floor mat in the bathroom down the line (want to experience first-cold-winter first), but keep line voltage well into the dry area as water and electricity just don't mix very well. Wouldn't require a massive 2kW or 4kW system for my situation, but still wanted HomeSeer control and all the options shown in this thread added up quite fast cost wise.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantHouse View Post
                                I'm seeking a solution for a z-wave enabled thermostat(s) to control some new electric heated tile floors I'll be installing.

I've looked into both:
                                - HeatIt: Can't be used in the US for some reason.
                                - NuHeat: The "Signature" thermostat is wifi enabled, but doesn't appear to have any linkage to HS3 as a plugin doesn't yet exist.

I've not yet selected the heating wire to be run in the floor, so all options are open.

Does anyone happen to have any solutions which can be used in the US?

Some reference links on the above mentioned products, I've already investigated:
                                - HeatIt: http://heatit.com/faq.html
                                - NuHeat: https://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182844

Appreciate any insight anyone can offer!

-- J
                                There is an API for NuHeat, see https://api.mynuheat.com/

Using big 5 PI you shoudl be able to get it working.

---
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X