Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stelpro ZWave Thermostats anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stelpro ZWave Thermostats anyone?

    I am getting ready to change all my baseboard thermostats from basic thermostats to Stelpro Wave STZW402+. At the same time I am planning to upgrade my home automation by adding the Zee S2 to my existing Elk M1. There are not many choices for 220V baseboard heaters. Sinope has interesting stuff and Stelpro has their KI (zwave) and are coming out with a new product that will have its own propriety controller, although it seems that t will be base on Zigbee. In my case I want open standard and full control without a cloud service

    Question
    Anyone using a Stelpro KI with Zee S2 combination? I am more into knowing if the Econo mode will work remotely. Also with the basic Zwave plugin I suspect that in HS my thermostats will all appear with fan and cooling buttons. All I need is temperature setting and econo mode. Any recommendations? As this will be used at my country house I will be using rules and want various preset settings

  • #2
    Works well

    I'm using a Stelpro thermostat with a 220v (110+2 without neutral) baseboard, and works fine.
    It's Z-Wave plus, paired without issues, works reliably and instant response works as expected.
    HS3 doesn't have specific support for this thermostat. It knows it's a heat-only thermostat, there are no fan controls.
    HS3 can set it to either 'heat' or 'Energy Save Heat' mode, and a setting for the temperature.

    HS3 can see the temperature it's set to, if it's on or off, and temperature sensor from the thermostat.

    I used the thermostat with a Vera, then with HS3 with USB and then I replaced it with a Z-Net, so I don't think you should have any issues connecting it.

    Caveat: There is a setting on the thermostat to display external/outside temperature. HS3 does not do that, so I disabled it on the thermostat.
    Also note that the thermostat regulates power to the the baseboard. It has three settings low, med, high, so it might not work with other devices.

    Originally posted by Jack View Post
    I am getting ready to change all my baseboard thermostats from basic thermostats to Stelpro Wave STZW402+. At the same time I am planning to upgrade my home automation by adding the Zee S2 to my existing Elk M1. There are not many choices for 220V baseboard heaters. Sinope has interesting stuff and Stelpro has their KI (zwave) and are coming out with a new product that will have its own propriety controller, although it seems that t will be base on Zigbee. In my case I want open standard and full control without a cloud service

    Question
    Anyone using a Stelpro KI with Zee S2 combination? I am more into knowing if the Econo mode will work remotely. Also with the basic Zwave plugin I suspect that in HS my thermostats will all appear with fan and cooling buttons. All I need is temperature setting and econo mode. Any recommendations? As this will be used at my country house I will be using rules and want various preset settings

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
      I'm using a Stelpro thermostat with a 220v (110+2 without neutral) baseboard, and works fine.
      It's Z-Wave plus, paired without issues, works reliably and instant response works as expected.
      HS3 doesn't have specific support for this thermostat. It knows it's a heat-only thermostat, there are no fan controls.
      HS3 can set it to either 'heat' or 'Energy Save Heat' mode, and a setting for the temperature.

      HS3 can see the temperature it's set to, if it's on or off, and temperature sensor from the thermostat.

      I used the thermostat with a Vera, then with HS3 with USB and then I replaced it with a Z-Net, so I don't think you should have any issues connecting it.

      Caveat: There is a setting on the thermostat to display external/outside temperature. HS3 does not do that, so I disabled it on the thermostat.
      Also note that the thermostat regulates power to the the baseboard. It has three settings low, med, high, so it might not work with other devices.
      I can second the info on the StelPro.... I have 6 of them and going to be adding a 7th.... So. Yes they work and I've had no problems with them. I've used them with SmartThings, Vera, Home Assistant and now HS3 with a USB stick. In the future a z-net will be added into the mix and I don't expect any problems. As already mentioned the "outside temp" virtual temperature doesn't (currently) work with HS3, but that's the only thing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

        As already mentioned the "outside temp" virtual temperature doesn't (currently) work with HS3, but that's the only thing.
        Any luck with the 'outsideTemp' attribute?

        I've 10 of these zwave thermostats and have recently migrated to HomeSeer from SmartThings.

        Have you tried to set the "heatdetails" value to control the operating state notifications from HomeSeer?

        James

        Comment

        Working...
        X