Z-Wave Thermostat With Dual Stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z-Wave Thermostat With Dual Stage

Those who have Z-Wave thermostats - is there a HS device created that would let you know if it was on 2nd stage or not?
    My Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA does not end up with a device that would indicate the cooling/heat stage.

So I was taking a closer look at the devices created for the Trane. As follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	stat1.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	1242824

Then went to look at the device for "Fan State" and found the below parameters -
    Click image for larger version

Name:	stat2.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1242825

which are pretty cool - if any of them were ever reported. All I get for my fan's mode is "On" or "Off".

This is where I think if I had a more advanced stat, that I would be able to use this device state to determine if 2nd stage cooling were on. The stat shows it - an extra green LED comes on when on 2nd stage cool - but no way for me to know it through HS.

Anyone have experience with these sorts of devices - that actually work/ report to HS with your thermostat?

Comment

I just came across this and noticed I have the same reported devices from my XL624 stat. I only get On and Off reported as well. I only have a single cooling stage with my unit but it does have a dual stage heat. I've not seen more reported than you.

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        I just came across this and noticed I have the same reported devices from my XL624 stat. I only get On and Off reported as well. I only have a single cooling stage with my unit but it does have a dual stage heat. I've not seen more reported than you.

Robert
        Thank you langenet ! Good to know. I will pay attention to what is reported for the heating stages - the installers (Trane S9V2C100xxx) ran the heat briefly but it was such a hideous odor - my wife couldn't take it LOL. Going to give the heat a good run with the windows open at some point. Hopefully someone will chime in regarding a stat that can report different fan speeds, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X