Auto or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto or not?

So I’m old school and have never tried the “auto” mode for heating and cooling. I’ve either used “heat” or “cool” mode. What do you use and are there any advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks,
    Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

I think it depends on the conditions where you live. I've never experienced conditions that changed dramatically enough to need both heating and cooling in the same time frame. We don't need cooling October - May nor heating June - September. Our typical decision is do we to turn the system on or leave it off and open the windows.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I use auto here in south Texas. In the shoulder seasons (that brief time between miserably hot and what we think of as cold down here), it will go back and forth between heat and cool a few times. I'd say there's a bit of added convenience. I also use it at a vacation property where my tstats aren't yet tied into HS and it's convenient in that I don't have to think about switching over to heat as I'm not there much in the Fall.
      -Wade

Comment

Appreciate the responses. We live in Reno where there are definite seasons and I have tried to come up with logic on when to have HS3 change the mode of our tstats. During the changing of the seasons I tweak the logic and so was wondering about just setting the mode to “auto”.
        Michael

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

Comment

Working...
        X