Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New floor thermostat released - with an API.. Who wants to build the PI then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New floor thermostat released - with an API.. Who wants to build the PI then?

http://www.nuheat.com/products/therm...ure-thermostat

Looks nice. It can work with IFTTT but a PI would be better. I'd buy it..

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
    http://www.nuheat.com/products/therm...ure-thermostat

Looks nice. It can work with IFTTT but a PI would be better. I'd buy it..
    Not new. Has been in discussion. I have plans to get one and write a plugin for it but budget is tight so I haven't bought one yet.

Comment

Ah, sorry. Was new to me, I've been looking for a floor heating, HA compatible stat for a while. They aren't cheap either and I need two, soon to be three..

Comment

Originally posted by grtaylor View Post
        Ah, sorry. Was new to me, I've been looking for a floor heating, HA compatible stat for a while. They aren't cheap either and I need two, soon to be three..
        No they are not cheap. However I do resell them So PM for quantity and quote if you want to order. Profit will go to buying one for myself... I need 6 of them

Comment

Does communicating with the API talk direct to the Thermostat or does it talk to the cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by jim@beersman.com View Post
            Does communicating with the API talk direct to the Thermostat or does it talk to the cloud?
            I'm almost positive it's a cloud API but I don't have one yet to experiment with so I don't know for sure.

Comment

Survey.... So if I write the plugin how many would buy it?

Comment

I would if I can get this thermostat to work with it.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wrong version. That model is not the wifi version so there's no way to get information from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post
                    Wrong version. That model is not the wifi version so there's no way to get information from it.
                    yeah... I figured.. an way too much to buy the updated version for one floor.
                    thanks!

Comment

NuHeat is sending me a development unit. Once I receive it and get it setup a plugin will then be coming for this thermostat....

Comment

NuHeat Signature Thermostat has arrived. We will have a plugin before fall! (North American Fall)

Comment

If you need someone to help beta-test the plug-in or if I can help in any other way, please shout! Very excited to see a plug-in for the Nuheat. I will be in in line to purchase it!

Comment

Originally posted by Euroboy View Post
                            If you need someone to help beta-test the plug-in or if I can help in any other way, please shout! Very excited to see a plug-in for the Nuheat. I will be in in line to purchase it!
                            Once I have something to test I'll announce looking for Beta testers.

First there's a problem with using 3rd party OAuth2 mechanisms and MyHS. This must be resolved first. Please show support and nudge rjh to get this mechanism working. Otherwise a plugin will not be possible with HomeSeer.

Comment

Has this problem been resolved? I would be interested in buying one of these as well as the PI.

Comment

Working...
                              X