Trane zoned system controls integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trane zoned system controls integration

cahilj I saw your response to mulu's thread about the XR724 thermostat. Thanks for the detailed and thoughtful explanation.

I've been looking at ways to improve HS integration of my Trane system too. Are you aware of any controls that would work with my zoned system (XL950 and 3 XL940's) that can be well-integrated with HS3? Not a fan of Nexia either, and best I've been able to do are a few kludged HS3 > IFTTT > Nexia Automations. Thanks.
    -Wade

I'm not sure of a direct way to control Nexia with HS.

I have seen (and helped set up) some customers with Alexa control of Nexia. I haven't played around with HS to Alexa integration though, so I'm not sure if that's a good route.

Comment

What I really had in mind is maybe replacement controls. Get rid of the Trane/Nexia stuff altogether.
      -Wade

Comment

What furnace/air handler?

What condenser/heat pump?

I'm assuming your zones use the communicating zone panel and there is no relay panel installed?

Depending on some of the equipment, it may be possible to install a relay panel, which would allow you to use any control you want. The downside is that you'd lose efficiency, since the 950 controls some of the variable speed features.

There is nothing out there that would be direct plug and play (3 wire) without Nexia. The only other controls you could use right out of the box are the 850 and 1050, both full Nexia.

Comment

Originally posted by cahilj View Post
          What furnace/air handler?
          TUHMD120ACV5VBB

What condenser?
          4TTV8060A1000BA

I'm assuming your zones use the communicating zone panel and there is no relay panel installed?
          Correct.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-08-12 15.29.46sm.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1320064

Depending on some of the equipment, it may be possible to install a relay panel, which would allow you to use any control you want. The downside is that you'd lose efficiency, since the 950 controls some of the variable speed features.

There is nothing out there that would be direct plug and play (3 wire) without Nexia. The only other controls you could use right out of the box are the 850 and 1050, both full Nexia.
          Yeah, not worth giving up efficiency--and in particular variable speed operation.

Thanks for your feedback.
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X