Recommend an upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend an upgrade

I've currently got a boiler with hot water tank, this is controlled by a Horstmann timer which has 3 loops 2 for heating up and downstairs plus water. I'm looking to upgrade to something more controllable via HS but can't find anything which is zwave and will run three channels. Does anyone else have a similar setup and how did you progress?

I've mapped out all the wiring in the junction box for the boiler, pump, 3 valves, 3 thermostats and programmable timer. I'm just going to build my own but i'll take it in 2 stages.

I'll add zwave modules between the timer and the thermostats, that will allow me to manage all three channels without taking the system apart and is easily reversible. I can then run a schedule in HS to replace the timer.

stage 2 when i get around to it will be to bypass the thermostats and use HS integrated temp sensors to replace the room thermostats. The tank thermostat is fine and i'll be able to boost hot water with a voice command when required.

Comment

Originally posted by Feral View Post
      stage 2 when i get around to it will be to bypass the thermostats and use HS integrated temp sensors to replace the room thermostats. The tank thermostat is fine and i'll be able to boost hot water with a voice command when required.
      If your not thinking of using dedicated thermostats you might want to look at my Virtual Thermostat pi SDJ-VStat for integrating sensors and controls in HS.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve, looks interesting and I will definitely take a look when i get to stage 2.

Comment

Working...
        X